Vilma told to seek trade!!! (1 Viewer)

I say if they're willing to take a chance on Thomas or Vilma, why not both if we can. Vilma can be an upgrade over Shanle. Scott could be a solid backup. Now, like I said, it all comes down to IF they are willing to take a chance. Both could be Pro-Bowl players or both could be IR players.

This is the guy we should be taking our chance on not someone 10 years his elder who has a history of concussions.

I'd give up a 3rd/4th in a second for a pro-bowl MLB who is 25 years old.

Draft Rivers and put him next to him and our LB'ers are looking good for the present and future.

I wish we could just release Shanle. Everyone was so high on the deal he got last offseason saying what a great sign he was. Shanle is alot like Simoneau as they both either pile on a player at the tail end of the play or make tackles 8 to 9yds down field.

If our LB's consisted of Fujuita, Thomas, Vilma, with Connor, Mayo/Lofton, etc in the mix, we'd be set.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3097579

November 7

So he would be ready by what? July??

Some medical sites said it takes four months but other sites say that a full recovery in four months is nearly impossible. It really just seems to be a case by case basis on how your body reacts. One site sad that the surgery performed in patients under 45 have a 75 to 80 percent success rate.

The most recent high profile surgery was done on Amare Stoudemire from the Suns. He had it done in October 2005 and returned in March 2006. However, when he came back stiffness developed in both knee joints (other knee was overcompensating for the injured knee) the team doc decided he needed more rehab time and didn't return until the 2006-2007 season. But when he came back he played to his old form.

It seems Vilma should have enough time to rehab, but he will need to get through it mentally which is easier said than done.

Last edited:
But can you compare basketball. I know the run more but they have to deal with less weight and contact?

Sorry for the confusion I wasn't comparing the two that was just the most recent guy coming off the injury to return to playing.(Oden will be back next season)

I think that could give you a general idea of how long it takes for him to return. He tried to come back in like 5 months and couldn't do so. Vilma perhaps would be okay by the time training camp comes around.

In all fairness to microfracture surgical procedures..."most patients" aren't NFL linebackers.

I hope we take a look at the guy, between him and ZT, I dont think you can complain, but I would lean more toward Vilma because of youth, ofcourse his knee would have to check out for us to "complete" the trade so its not like we can get stuck with a guy who cant play....but the Saints could still take a chance on him if he knee isnt right...but that remains to be seen, I like the fact that I'm finally hearing the Saints mentioned as far as going after specific needs and jumping on opportunities that can make the club better.

I wish we could just release Shanle. Everyone was so high on the deal he got last offseason saying what a great sign he was. Shanle is alot like Simoneau as they both either pile on a player at the tail end of the play or make tackles 8 to 9yds down field.

ditto

By not taking any considerations about injuries about both Thomas and Vilma, the saints can use both.

Many experts thought Vilma was better suited to play the weakside on the pros (not me). If healthy, the saints can use Thomas at the MIKE and Vilma at the WILL.

Moreso, considering latest injuries the saints need a "plan B" since they can only hope, but not count that both players will last 16 games.

We are so weak at the position that we need to look for depth, not only starters but for backups too.

Aren't our current(sans Mexican Entree #1) starting LB's good backups anyway?

I'd take a shot at him. Make the pick a conditional #3 in the 2009 draft though. If he plays in 70% of the defensive plays and is no less than second in tackles it stays a 3rd. If he doesn't reach those it's a 4th. If he leads the team in tackles and/or makes the probowl it's a #2.

TJMT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom