VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For three exclamation points, I expected more :hihi:

Saint James

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For those too lazy to click:

Mentions New Orleans and Jacksonville as interested.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
For those too lazy to click:

Mentions New Orleans and Jacksonville as interested.

To take that further all it says is we should be interested. The guy has no proof we are.

brandonmr117

Reaction score
we need to pick this guy up before we end up with some other no good LB

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The Ledger report says the Jets want a 3rd round pick. Not sure how I feel about that. A 4th? Definitely. A 3rd's pretty steep without 100% confidence that knee will hold up.

Reaction score
Ill have to see it first I',m not a big fan on trade rumors unless they have been confirmed by both teams

OP
Super Dad

Super Dad

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Sorry I got a little excited when I saw the saints name and Vilma's in the same sentence. As for the 3rd rounder I think that isa little steep because of his injury but I would love to get him for next season 4th which could turn into a 3rd depending on play. or a 4 and conditional 5 from next season.

Infoman

You're a Towel!
Reaction score
I think people hold too much value in draft picks... especially in any draft pick outside of the 1st round. We have taken LBs in the 2nd and 3rd round for years and none of them have worked out. Hodge, Watson, Grant, Fincher, Allen, etc.... ring a bell? If I had a choice between a guy that's a young proven starter quality MLB with an injury concern but can pass a physical.... and a crap shoot 3rd round MLB in the draft.... at this point... I'll take the young proven starter quality MLB with an injury concern but can pass a physical for that 3rd rounder please.

CargoJon

Banned
Reaction score
The Ledger report says the Jets want a 3rd round pick. Not sure how I feel about that. A 4th? Definitely. A 3rd's pretty steep without 100% confidence that knee will hold up.

I'd do a 4th that turns into a 3rd if he produces and stays healthy....

Super Dave

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I'd do a 4th that turns into a 3rd if he produces and stays healthy....

I think it should be a "conditional" pick as well... like a 5th if he plays 1/2 the defensive snaps and if he plays more it could increase to a 4th (65%) then a 3rd if he plays in like 85% of the D Snaps...

JMO

HennessyRob

NOLA Raised
Reaction score

If Dr.Andrews did his surgery, I'd give them a 3rd rounder for him.

BigBuddy

High Five!
Reaction score
I think people hold too much value in draft picks... especially in any draft pick outside of the 1st round. We have taken LBs in the 2nd and 3rd round for years and none of them have worked out. Hodge, Watson, Grant, Fincher, Allen, etc.... ring a bell? If I had a choice between a guy that's a young proven starter quality MLB with an injury concern but can pass a physical.... and a crap shoot 3rd round MLB in the draft.... at this point... I'll take the young proven starter quality MLB with an injury concern but can pass a physical for that 3rd rounder please.

THANK YOU!!!

I absolutely agree with you. Sure, you can find great players in later rounds of the draft, and they come young and cheap that way, but how often does that really happen? Vilma's knee injury is a serious concern, but he was a high draft pick and played like one in his 4 years in the league. He is absolutely worth a 3rd round pick if healthy, though his contract will definitely be larger than a rookie 3rd rounder. Either way, I think it's almost egomanaical for a GM to think he can find a better player than Jonathan Vilma in the 3rd round of the draft, 100% of the time.

If he's cleared by the doctors, give up a 3rd and pay him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom