Vilma Update!!! (1 Viewer)

For those too lazy to click:

Mentions New Orleans and Jacksonville as interested.

For those too lazy to click:

Mentions New Orleans and Jacksonville as interested.

To take that further all it says is we should be interested. The guy has no proof we are.

The Ledger report says the Jets want a 3rd round pick. Not sure how I feel about that. A 4th? Definitely. A 3rd's pretty steep without 100% confidence that knee will hold up.

Sorry I got a little excited when I saw the saints name and Vilma's in the same sentence. As for the 3rd rounder I think that isa little steep because of his injury but I would love to get him for next season 4th which could turn into a 3rd depending on play. or a 4 and conditional 5 from next season.

I think people hold too much value in draft picks... especially in any draft pick outside of the 1st round. We have taken LBs in the 2nd and 3rd round for years and none of them have worked out. Hodge, Watson, Grant, Fincher, Allen, etc.... ring a bell? If I had a choice between a guy that's a young proven starter quality MLB with an injury concern but can pass a physical.... and a crap shoot 3rd round MLB in the draft.... at this point... I'll take the young proven starter quality MLB with an injury concern but can pass a physical for that 3rd rounder please.

The Ledger report says the Jets want a 3rd round pick. Not sure how I feel about that. A 4th? Definitely. A 3rd's pretty steep without 100% confidence that knee will hold up.

I'd do a 4th that turns into a 3rd if he produces and stays healthy....

I'd do a 4th that turns into a 3rd if he produces and stays healthy....

I think it should be a "conditional" pick as well... like a 5th if he plays 1/2 the defensive snaps and if he plays more it could increase to a 4th (65%) then a 3rd if he plays in like 85% of the D Snaps...

JMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom