Vilma's latest Journal Blog (1 Viewer)

hookedsaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day-To-Day Approach Works In Rehabilitation

My knee is doing fine, and it progressing very well. I'm pleased with the progress I have made, and I have every intention of being on the field and totally recovered for Jets training camp.

I've been in Miami since the season was over working out, pushing myself to the limit and concentrating on getting my knee right. I can't ignore my upper body or the rest of my lower body, so I feel like I'm in that period where it's a total body workout. That's a good thing. I can do what I want to do physically, so now it is just a matter of continuing to be patient and seeing how much progress I can make one day to the next.

Read the rest here: http://www.jonvilma.com/default.asp

He says he should be 100% for this coming season.

I read somewhere that the Lions intend to go after him pretty hard. Rise and shine, Loomis!

I read somewhere that the Lions intend to go after him pretty hard. Rise and shine, Loomis!

Yeah, after losing out to Thomas and the pursuit of Morgan...

(If the Saints are even interested in Vilma) then Loomis will probably be aggressive.

I think having Curtis Johnson on our staff, who knows and recruited Vilma personally can help us.

This was from the nov.14, article.

Among the various reports that have been floated about included one that he was having micro-fracture surgery, which is quite serious, but a person with knowledge of the situation said yesterday the surgery was not micro-fracture.

Numerous rumors have been swirling since Vilma was mysteriously injured during the Jets' loss to the Bengals.

There has for two years been speculation he dislikes the 3-4 defensive scheme Eric Mangini employs. There, too, have been rumors he and Mangini don't see eye to eye.

This is from the Nov. 7, article:

Coach Eric Mangini said Tuesday that the procedure will be performed in Florida, where Vilma is from. Mangini was typically tightlipped about the operation and wouldn't reveal the nature of the surgery.

"It's just surgery," Mangini said.

Vilma, out for the season after being placed on injured reserve on Oct. 27, said last week that he was mulling surgery for what he described only as "a regular knee injury." He and the team have also refused to specify which knee is affected.

"There's a lot of different issues that are involved and really, specifically with the injury, I'm not going to cover that," Mangini said. "It's always the same process that you go through with making sure you've done all the research and been as thorough as possible before making a final decision."

It seems like there is more to it than just a "mysterious" knee injury. Seems like he and Mangini just don't see eye to eye. I'm not saying the injury was faked but who knows...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom