Vinny Curry may not make roster (1 Viewer)

whodatdb

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
If he is cut, we should bring him in for a look. The guy has 1-2nd round talent and may have just been mis-evaluated. Chip Kelly is a offensive HC and their DC is nothing special. Rob Ryan could help this kid get on track after a rookie year with one of the worst environments in the league. They are pretty deep at OLB with Cole, Barwin, Graham, and Curry but they still seem to be looking for help (Butler visit).

Eagles OLB Vinny Curry reportedly "has a long way to go" before he's assured of a roster spot.
Trent Cole, Connor Barwin and Brandon Graham are all well ahead of Curry, a 2012 second-round pick that was active for just six games last year. The Eagles' interest in free agent OLB Victor Butler certainly doesn't bode well either. The new regime may see Curry as strictly the 4-3 end he was drafted as.
Vinny Curry - Philadelphia Eagles - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

They are letting him go because he's strictly a 4-3 end, cant cover at all so wont fit as a 3-4 olb because he isnt good in open space, he can do one thing well and thats rush the passer, but thats it, he's also too small to play DE in a 3-4, if we were still in a 4-3 i'd say bring him in immediately.

Okay, I'll ask. Can he play 3 tech, and would he be equal to or better than Will Smith?

Okay, I'll ask. Can he play 3 tech, and would he be equal to or better than Will Smith?

No way he's only 265, he prob couldnt even play 5tech let alone 3 tech

Hopefully SP brings him in for a look. He is an explosive player that I'm sure we could find a spot for. I watched him every week at Marshall play his heart out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom