Violent tornadoes likely tomorrow Tx, Ok into Arkansas (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Just a heads up for the members who live or have family in the area. Best chaces are in the Texas panhandle, along red river in NW and NC Tx and most of Ok. Central to west and North Arkansas could also have a long day. Particularly concerned about the I44 corridor into the OKC metro and west Ok along the I40 corridor.

out of curiosity, what other kinds of tornadoes are there?
There are ones that knock down a few branches and knock a shingle or two off a roof. Then there are some that pull asphalt off roads, throw bulldozers a Mile and carve the ground 2' deep. Some tornadoes are cute little fun things, others are one of the most destructive forces on Earth. There is a difference.

Even though I'm not technically in the panhandle (I think? I'm in Dallas), am I also under a potential tornado advisory?

Even though I'm not technically in the panhandle (I think? I'm in Dallas), am I also under a potential tornado advisory?
You should be south of the storms. Wichita Falls and areas north and west are big concern.

No panhandle is west of DFW, Amarillo/Lubbock, that part of Texas. In Dallas, yesterday's storm was no joke. I was on George Bush in Garland and couldn't see a thing. Let's hope that stuff stays far north.

No panhandle is west of DFW, Amarillo/Lubbock, that part of Texas. In Dallas, yesterday's storm was no joke. I was on George Bush in Garland and couldn't see a thing. Let's hope that stuff stays far north.

Yeah, yesterday was insane. There was a lull in the storm (I'm in Old East Dallas) and I thought I had a 20 min window to run an errand, and of course, once I was in the car all hell broke loose again and by the time I got back home, there was like a river going down the sidewalk. I got soaked even w/ an umbrella lol.

I was in Copper Canyon N of Ft Worth during that storm. Lot of tree and fence damage.

Very concerned about tomorrow. Got the shelter prepped and ready to go. Also, predicting 7-8 inches of rain in a 24 hour period Monday-Tuesday.

I was in Copper Canyon N of Ft Worth during that storm. Lot of tree and fence damage.

Very concerned about tomorrow. Got the shelter prepped and ready to go. Also, predicting 7-8 inches of rain in a 24 hour period Monday-Tuesday.
You should be very worried about tomorrow evening. El Reno to Guthrie area is extremely concerning. Hopefully it busts but if it does will likely mean flooding is an even bigger concern.

You should be very worried about tomorrow evening. El Reno to Guthrie area is extremely concerning. Hopefully it busts but if it does will likely mean flooding is an even bigger concern.

I'm on it.

All the school districts around here are closed tomorrow.

Shaping up to be a really bad deal.

Attachments

• day1otlk_1200.gif
    day1otlk_1200.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 10

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom