Virus impact on season tickets (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sorry if already discussed but any idea how the organization will handle season ticket $ paid if (1) the attendance is either limited or not allowed? Or (2) what if someone feels unsafe and/or fits a high health risk category?

uncharted territory. If there are no fans I assume they would give you the option of a refund or roll over to next season. The other stuff is anyone’s guess.

I think T will impact the street sales of tickets more then anything.

I’ve thought about this too. If it were me, and it was looking like large gatherings were still a no go closer to the fall, I’d cancel season tickets for the year and just do general admission with limited seats. Your paid 2020 season tickets would be transferred to 2021 and business would resume as normal in 2022.

I got an email offering me a deposit on suites. In the email it said they would return the money if the season was cancelled. Hoping the same policy applies for season tickets.

I got an email offering me a deposit on suites. In the email it said they would return the money if the season was cancelled. Hoping the same policy applies for season tickets.

It would not surprise me that if the season was canceled that many teams would offer a "refund" of the 2020 ticket prices, but it would also not surprise me that if they have to pay the players in 2020 anyway, that ticket prices in 2021 will go WAY UP across the board.

(It looks like the NFL might have to pay players, if they cancel games that are scheduled. There have been a couple of PFT articles about this issue. The way the CBA is written it talks about having to pay players if weekly games are cancelled. I don't know what happens if games are not even scheduled. This is why the NFL should hold off on even releasing a schedule, even a reduced schedule for as long as possible, because it is very hard to "cancel" a game if you have not even scheduled it yet.)

Some teams are looking ahead:

And...it is getting nasty in Major League Baseball:

I'm just going on the assumption that the season will happen. To be honest, if a game was tomorrow, I would be there and I wouldn't think twice about it.

But will the government and the NFL allow you to be there? That’s the question.

I'd rather credit for the next season over getting my money back.

And give the saints a one year loan for free? No way. I’ll put it in a savings account before I’ll do that. Maybe roll me back to 2019 prices or something and I’ll let them hold the money.

And give the saints a one year loan for free? No way. I’ll put it in a savings account before I’ll do that. Maybe roll me back to 2019 prices or something and I’ll let them hold the money.
This. The team will try to get people to keep the money on their account and with the team by saying 2021 season prices would be locked in at 2020 prices. If you request a refund you don’t lose your seats but expect 2021 prices to go up 10-20%. Just a guess on how they will handle it

Well if I just roll it over to next season at least it’s one big bill I will not have to worry bout next year!

Well if I just roll it over to next season at least it’s one big bill I will not have to worry bout next year!

That's why I would do that so I don't have to worry about it. Plus I can't guarantee that I wouldn't spend the money if I got the refund and I can't guarantee I'll be able to afford it next year.

put it in an account, don’t spend it and you still won’t have to worry about it.

One question I have is are they going to make us make the final payment at the end of this month with the uncertainty on the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom