Vlog: The "Get Right" Game for the Defense this Sunday (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
In today’s vlog, Sports Talk 365’s owner and lead writer Derrick Branch explain why the Saints defense needs to redeem themselves from what has occurred over the past seven weeks of the 2020 season.

With the Bears lack of weapons and big time playmakers, this is as good an opportunity the defense is gonna get to get some things going in the right direction on the backend. They can use a big dose of confidence no doubt about it!

A concern about this game is that a big part of the Bears' offense is to huck the ball deep and hope for a pass interference call.

Well that just ruined my confidence in this game. I predict 8 DPIs if that’s what their game plan is

The Bears are not a good offense. The Saints defense is as healthy as they'll ever be this season and the potential weather issues will only benefit the Saints defense as it will cut down on the deep ball attempts. If the Saints defense can't get it done against the Bears, then at this point with seven games under the belt, the defense is what it is and it is going to be a real short trip in the playoffs.

Current forecast for Sunday is similar to our current weather here right now. 37 degrees with 35+ mph wind gusts.

A concern about this game is that a big part of the Bears' offense is to huck the ball deep and hope for a pass interference call.

If it's so obvious that fans know it, then the Saints should be ready for it. I hope!

Well. They're playing the right team for that...

I think our defense should hold their own with the anemic offense of the Bears. I fear, however, that it will be turnovers by our offense that could sidetrack us from a win.

What came to mind.
Good luck with that.

Attachments

• 182615BF-7477-484F-B414-FBF05ECD4FF6.gif
    182615BF-7477-484F-B414-FBF05ECD4FF6.gif
    387.3 KB · Views: 0
If it's so obvious that fans know it, then the Saints should be ready for it. I hope!

Problem is, if the refs are in the flag throwing mood, there is nothing you can do. Any good coverage is going to be a matter of interpretation and any bad coverage is going to give up the pass. No matter how you cut it you are at somebody's mercy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom