Vodoo were screwed... (1 Viewer)

DEUCERICKBOY02

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
That was a terrible call. I was poed, thank god it wasnt the saints. Every turnover was called back.

Bad both ways but a lot worse for the VooDoo. Oh well time to move on to next week

Officiating in the AFL is and always has been a joke. However, to have all 3 turnovers called back with flags thrown AFTER the change in possession gives the appearance that the officials are following a script of keeping the games close until the final gun. AFL will always be a gimmick league as long as that kind of ridiculousness continues.

Officiating in the AFL is and always has been a joke. However, to have all 3 turnovers called back with flags thrown AFTER the change in possession gives the appearance that the officials are following a script of keeping the games close until the final gun. AFL will always be a gimmick league as long as that kind of ridiculousness continues.
It is very much a joke, but that's what you get when you don't employ ref's that only do the AFL. They use college refs.

I was dumbfounded. I was sitting on the couch and had rigged up a cable signal so I could get the game (I have DirecTV) and was still in my t-shirt and shorts and socks after my rugby game and after party earlier in the day.

I was buzzed, I was watching the VooDoo... and we won! ... and then the refs took it away on some ticky-tack contact call. I can't even remember the last time that "illegal contact" was called in an AFL game I was watching. Terribly lame.

There was bad calls on both sides but they really hurt us with some of the calls they made takeing away turnovers. On the last play it should have either been a safety, or a fumble. Instead we got hosed.

I had the game TiVo'ed and watched the try for the 2pt. conversion. There was obvious pass interference on the play, McDonald was practically tackled on the fade pass, but no call.

Ah, well no point crying over spilled milk.

Cant wait to get back in the Graveyard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom