Vols MLB Jerod Mayo declares for 2008 draft... (1 Viewer)

I'd like to see if the first one can play the position. He didn't get a chance during the season. He could be a beast, or he could be another Courtney Watson. We won't know unless he plays.

I'd like to see if the first one can play the position. He didn't get a chance during the season. He could be a beast, or he could be another Courtney Watson. We won't know unless he plays.

You never heard anything about Mitchell... Anything. It's not like had Urlacher or Ray Lewis ahead of him...

You never heard anything about Mitchell... Anything. It's not like had Urlacher or Ray Lewis ahead of him...

dont start that, you know Payton does not bench players (Jason David) so dont hold that against Mitchell, he had a better presense against the run than Simoneau and I only seen him in preseason games, offensive lineman stopped when they took him on, they did push him back with one hand, while sippin on a gatorade in the other....not saying dont draft a guy and stick with Mitchell, I wouldnt count him out....if Trotter can make a living (not one of the fastest MLB) Mitchell surely can.

That's just it. They wouldn't replace Simoneau just like they wouldn't replace David when he was getting burned left and right. Is it because Mitchell can't play, or were they just more comfortable with Simoneau? That's the reason I think we might re-sign Simoneau and not draft a MLB.

That's just it. They wouldn't replace Simoneau just like they wouldn't replace David when he was getting burned left and right. Is it because Mitchell can't play, or were they just more comfortable with Simoneau? That's the reason I think we might re-sign Simoneau and not draft a MLB.

Then I'll be the one starting three Payton = Haslett threads per day.

Mayo is the best LB prospect to come out of Tennessee since Al Wilson. He was an OLB until this year when Tennessee was forced to move him to the middle. It took him a few games to adjust to playing the middle, but he was imo the best linebacker in college the last half of the year. Completely shut down Travis Beckum (TE from Wisconsin) in the bowl game and had double digit tackles as well.

Kevin Burnett and Omar Gaither have been the last 2 really good linebackers drafted from Tennessee. Both are now NFL starters. Mayo is head and shoulders above both of these guys, as far as how he looked while playing for Tennessee.

Has some minor injury problems his sophomore year, but stayed completely health his junior year. Can play both LB positions, but would be better on the outside. Reminds me a lot of Demeco Ryans. Smart kid and great playmaker.

I thought I read in the Picayune that neither Simoneau nor Young were LIKELY to be resigned?

He's a step too slow to play WLB. Better suited for the middle at the pro level.

I really only watched him in the bowl game. Got to say I was pretty impressed with his performance though. I think he would be a steal in the second.

I have watched him a couple of times on TV and in person at the SEC championship game and he would be a pretty good 2d round pick and worth it too.

he hits like a ton of bricks and recognizes plays quickly and gets in the hole/backfield, stuff our LBs don't really do.

I would definitely not be mad if we drafted this player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom