Volunteer opportunities in NOLA? (1 Viewer)

Twyst

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'm going to be moving back to NOLA this August but won't be starting my new job for almost a month after I arrive. Im a professional cook and try to donate time to local organizations here in austin at soup kitchens that feed the homeless, and would like to continue this when I move to New Orleans. Does anyone have any experience with, or knowledge of, any of the local food banks/soup kitchens/meals for the elderly groups around town? I'd just like to find a good org. where I can do my part!

Try contacting Second Harvest.

no-hunger.org/TakeAction.aspx

If they dont have anything directly, they may know of some opportunities with the summer coming, or maybe a mentorship type activity with a program like Liberty's Kitchen or Café Reconcile.

Between the Mission and Ozanam Inn, I am sure there would be plenty for you to help with.

This place seems AWESOME. I'm not really sure I have much to offer them in terms of their volunteer needs but I will definitely shoot them an Email.

Will definitely be contacting ozanam and mission as well as I think those places are going to be the best fit for what I can offer with my future schedule.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom