Von Bell on NFLN (1 Viewer)

I don’t know....have you ever seen Loomis lose someone due to $?

Maybe Ingram.
I’d never underestimate Loomis’ abilities but, man, we’ve got a lot of great young talent to try to keep over the next two seasons, in a league that is overpaying for talent more and more. That’s the downside of drafting great, I suppose.

Great problem to have though.

True. It’s sad because there’s no possible way we’ll be able to afford to keep some of our players. Going to be some very tough decisions looming. I’m sure some of our coaches will start getting offers pretty soon, as well. Just have to enjoy the good times while they last.

He has gotten better every year. He is playing at an elite level this year. Pay the man.

True. It’s sad because there’s no possible way we’ll be able to afford to keep some of our players. Going to be some very tough decisions looming. I’m sure some of our coaches will start getting offers pretty soon, as well. Just have to enjoy the good times while they last.
It’s better than what Atlanta has to deal with.

It's going to be just about impossible to keep all of the good young talent on this team. There are just to many of them coming off of rookie deals. You have to keep Ramczyk, Kamara, and Lattimore. After that...how much money will be in the bank?

It's going to be just about impossible to keep all of the good young talent on this team. There are just to many of them coming off of rookie deals. You have to keep Ramczyk, Kamara, and Lattimore. After that...how much money will be in the bank?
This is why I'm in favour of drafting a QB, rather than signing a veteran. Give CSP 5 years a cheap QB and allow him to keep this roster together... That might yield 2 or 3 championships! Lose enough to cripple the defense and we KNOW you can't get to a SB (even with a HOFer under center).

This is why I'm in favour of drafting a QB, rather than signing a veteran. Give CSP 5 years a cheap QB and allow him to keep this roster together... That might yield 2 or 3 championships! Lose enough to cripple the defense and we KNOW you can't get to a SB (even with a HOFer under center).

But there has to be some level of competence. A late 1st round QB generally doesn't produce a competent year 1 starter. If you draft a 1st rounder, you have to also have a good backup...so we would kind of be in a similar situation either way. I honestly think that Teddy is the safest route. I don't think that he is a $20 million type of QB. Certainly, he could get up there, but I could see a Jacoby Brissett like deal (around $15 million/year). That doesn't prevent you from also getting a 1st round rookie QB. While this is a very good team, you don't know how successful they would be with a QB worse than Teddy...and that's statistically what we would get if we get a late 1st round QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom