Von Bell? (1 Viewer)

NorfolkedSaint

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't heard much about him in camp and didn't see him at all yesterday. What's up with him? Is this another 2nd round "project"?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ikr??? The Defense NEEDS pressure on the QB obviously, Carr had all day in the pocket!! Still looking for this guy named "Byrd" to make the plays he made in Buffalo!! Smdh

The defensive coaches need Byrd to play deep middle and get to the receiver after he's caught the ball and run for a big chunk of yardage after the catch. There's really no role for Von Bell to play with Byrd being so good at his job.

We need a new game plan to start winning games again,or we will have another 7-9 season or worst. I haven't heard a word about Bell since the draft.

The defensive coaches need Byrd to play deep middle and get to the receiver after he's caught the ball and run for a big chunk of yardage after the catch. There's really no role for Von Bell to play with Byrd being so good at his job.

Instead of playing deep middle, where he can NEVER make a play on the ball, why not have Byrd cover 1 side and Bell cover the other? More like a Cover 2 and keep Vacarro around the LOS.

Either way, how we are using Byrd just isn't right. The guy doesn't make plays at all. If we are gonna suck and they both can't be on the field at the same time, let Bell get some reps in Byrds place.

On the same note, I'm sick of seeing zone defense, don't we have the personnel to play man?

Carr picked us apart when we were in zone. 2 big passes the Cooper caught, no CB was around him, only Byrd. I believe we switched it up after that, but when Breaux left, it went downhill.

I do think Byrd has from here to the bye weekend to keep his starting position.

Time flies and the results are just not coming. If we are going to have a guy playing center field, that will arrive always a couple of steps late, then at least try either the rookie (Bell) or the hitter (Harris).

The can't be worst, since we are not having results, and will be way cheaper.

Once again, another candidate to increase the dead money for next season.

I think Bell will be called upon to play CB a lot now. We have decent depth at S, he's buried in the depth chart there but we are desperate at corner. Bell was a 2nd round pick with experience playing CB he should be a better option than UDFA rookies.

search google for J. Byrd highlights, there are none for his time with the Saints. He is not trying anymore.

"they signed a free-agent free safety (Jairus Byrd in 2014), and said, we are going to keep him in the middle of the field like the goalpost. Well, that's great. He's not going to make one play back there, and now we have changed the entire defense for one signing, and it ruined us."

- Rob Ryan

Plenty of truth to this. Playing Byrd as a single high safety has taken away his ability to get the INTs that we coveted in the first place.

We need a new game plan to start winning games again,or we will have another 7-9 season or worst.

20090416_johnmaddan_250x375.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom