Von Bell (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Did I completely miss Von Bell playing last night?

I am so over Jairus Byrd and his "slipping"......

He played some. I was surprised that we played Harper so much (many times matched up one on one with a WR) rather than Bell.

He played some. I was surprised that we played Harper so much (many times matched up one on one with a WR) rather than Bell.
This. Bringing back Harper is Payton living in the past. Between him and Laurenitis, I don't know which one is slower.

how surprised was everyone when harper dropped the INT that hit him right in the numbers on the deflection? I know I wasn't. :D

Bell played but he didn't play great. It seemed like he had containment on that walk-in TD but completely blew it and didn't even touch the RB.

This. Bringing back Harper is Payton living in the past. Between him and Laurenitis, I don't know which one is slower.

It's close, I'll go with Browner though. All 3 would lap Kruger so at least they have that going for them.

Bell needs to start. There's no way Byrd is that much better than him and it's clear that Byrd's not in the plans for next season.

how surprised was everyone when harper dropped the INT that hit him right in the numbers on the deflection? I know I wasn't. :D

I also wasn't surprised on the Tevin Coleman touchdown where they isolated the defenders in the box and all he had to do was beat Harper to the pylon. Had our safety actually been under the age of 50, he might have made that play.

I think Von Bell makes that play (presuming he makes the tackle).

Harper was not brought in to start but play in packages and special teams...what part of diminished by injuries are people not understanding, when you backup has to start you cant blame the coach.

I also wasn't surprised on the Tevin Coleman touchdown where they isolated the defenders in the box and all he had to do was beat Harper to the pylon. Had our safety actually been under the age of 50, he might have made that play.

I think Von Bell makes that play (presuming he makes the tackle).

Bell is a fairly solid tackler.....I'm excited to see him play once he gets into a starting role and gets some games under his belt. I think he's going to be special for us.

Did I completely miss Von Bell playing last night?

I am so over Jairus Byrd and his "slipping"......

I too am ready for life after Byrd. Maybe Bell can take over and we'll have a legitimate FS again. Maybe he's not the guy and we have to find another one. Either way I'm just ready to move on from Byrd.

Has there every been a more drastic downfall for a player? We're talking about a guy who was an All Pro in Buffalo. Not just a three time Pro Bowler. The guy was named either first or second team All Pro four out of five seasons from '09 to '13. He comes to the Saints in '14 and promptly becomes a marginal starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom