NFL Von Miller Striken with Covid-19 (1 Viewer)

Glad to hear that about your relative! Unfortunately my wife can't take the chloroquine because of the interaction with one of her meds has a very adverse side-effect of prolonging her QT to the point of causing an MI. So we are going to stay away from that one.

Just got wind of the Remdesivir. Looking into it presently. She is getting worse, not hospital worse yet. She's quarantined at my Mother(s) in law's house in their 3rd floor they don't use. They are both Nurse Practitioners, so she's in as good of hands as she can be for now.

Just tough on her and myself and our 3 kids being separated like this. Have 3 young ones all under the age of 10. I hate not being able to hold her hand or get things for her. And the kids are driving me bananas! But we're making do. Appreciate the prayers!
Best wishes for your wife Steve-O. My wife thinks she got it in late February. She's had the Flu before and told me looking and matching the symptoms that she never had anything like this.she ended up having to go to the hospital for 5 days after she Said she couldn't hardly breathe anymore. It was so bad she could barely take 5 steps. Her oxygen intake had fallen to 75 percent IIRC.

If you think COVID-19 isn’t as bad as swine flu because it has killed less people in two months during an emergency lockdown than swine flu did without a lockdown in well over a year it means that the part of your brain that gathers evidence and draws conclusions is broken

That epidemic never overwhelmed the healthcare system like this had the potential to. And we didn't have the mitigation measures then that we're taking now. Treat CV19 like we normally do the flu and we'd easily have 500k+ dead and a wrecked healthcare system at this point.

There's a good reason for the lockdown, and we need to keep our guard up until a vaccine or treatment in place that keeps the hospitalization rate at a manageable level.
This; 330 million times!

No more mass gatherings. They all need to be canceled, the rest of this year (at least), or until a vaccine, or miracle cure is found. Obviously, there is a better chance of a vaccine. But the point is; we need to put the kabash on festivals, sporting events...etc. We rush back into allowing these tens of thousands gatherings, we will be right back where we started from, or even worse!

That's a real strong cocktail but probably necessary given her condition. These drugs are making a difference despite what some are saying in the MSM and the scientific community. My father, 78 years old, contracted it in late March. He had a low grade fever but really suffered from severe fatigue. His oxygen level dropped to like 87 so they admitted him to Oschner. They gave him hydroxychloroquine and zpac for 5 days. On day 6, he was released, sent him home and he is expected to make a full recovery.
I'm not a doctor.

But whether this kind of thing or any other controversy where I might not be an expert I try to process the information, consider the sources, and average everything out to the most likely truth. Lots of doctors with good resume's are trying these treatments and reporting good consistent results. Maybe not 100% of the time factoring in other health conditions in a given patient but there's certainly something there.

So amazing that so many in the MSM go out of their way to downplay because Trump mentioned it. I'm not a Trump lover just amazed that the mutual derangement on all sides means that whatever Trump says has to be attacked before actually taking a look below the surface. That said Trump doesn't do himself many favors.

Where in the heck is one supposed to find good objective information that is not politicized these days, without having to cross reference 6 sources across the spectrum of bias?

If you think COVID-19 isn’t as bad as swine flu because it has killed less people in two months during an emergency lockdown than swine flu did without a lockdown in well over a year it means that the part of your brain that gathers evidence and draws conclusions is broken
This isn't very helpful and does not benefit the conversation in this thread nor the conversation of the pandemic in general.

We all have our opinions and the right to express them. My wife, ironically enough, was one that felt the whole thing was being overblown. She still does. While I was one that was preaching a total shutdown a week before anything started happening. I felt that if we would have done a shutdown that week, before it had spread the way it had, we could have maybe just had a 2-4 week shutdown and gotten a better handle on it than if we waited like we did. I guess maybe people needed to see the severity of the situation before they would agree to just suspend the consitution and their rights to combat this.

I'm still very P'Oed that so many in the gov't, MSM, WHO, etc are still flacking for China and refusing to lay blame where it belongs. If there's a silver lining from this, it's that maybe we will finally bring back so much of the manufacturing (industrial, pharmeceutical, etc) and reduce our dependence on the global supply chain for so much of our goods.

Best wishes for your wife Steve-O. My wife thinks she got it in late February. She's had the Flu before and told me looking and matching the symptoms that she never had anything like this.she ended up having to go to the hospital for 5 days after she Said she couldn't hardly breathe anymore. It was so bad she could barely take 5 steps. Her oxygen intake had fallen to 75 percent IIRC.
Thanks man! Much appreciated.

Talked to her a couple of times today. She's not doing any better, but she's not doing any worse. So that's good, I guess. Like I said, she's with her moms and they are both NP's. She has a SAT monitor next to her bed and is checking it regularly. The lowest it got at her worst yesterday was 90%, but it's back up to around 96% currently.

I'm really hoping that it doesn't get worse today or tomorrow and by Monday, she starts coming through the other side of it as tomorrow will be day 5 since she first started exhibiting symptoms.

Again, all the prayers and support is very much appreciated! Having this place to discuss and vent, and share, and receive support has been extremely helpful.

This is much different than the flu. Ignore the incidence and mortality rate. They likely aren’t accurate and they really don’t tell the story. The story is that most people do incredibly well with this disease, but those who don’t do very poorly. And yes, elderly with comorbidities have the worst outcomes, but this is also killing young healthy people. We aren’t use to seeing young and healthy people on vents dying with excellent supportive care. It’s confusing the heck out of physicians right now. Little gains have been made but there is a long way to go.

I have considerable bias on the topic. I like to see sick people fight another day. My family has relatively stable jobs and we aren’t starving right now. This flattening curve strategy is going to take months. There is no immediate vaccine or treatment. Who am I to tell someone that they can’t support their family? It seems inhumane.

Btw...I am currently striken with a stomach bug. But fear not I’m completely misusing the word striken...just like in the title of the OP.

Striken- seriously affected by an undesirable condition or unpleasant feeling.

This isn't very helpful and does not benefit the conversation in this thread nor the conversation of the pandemic in general.

We all have our opinions and the right to express them. My wife, ironically enough, was one that felt the whole thing was being overblown. She still does. While I was one that was preaching a total shutdown a week before anything started happening. I felt that if we would have done a shutdown that week, before it had spread the way it had, we could have maybe just had a 2-4 week shutdown and gotten a better handle on it than if we waited like we did. I guess maybe people needed to see the severity of the situation before they would agree to just suspend the consitution and their rights to combat this.

I'm still very P'Oed that so many in the gov't, MSM, WHO, etc are still flacking for China and refusing to lay blame where it belongs. If there's a silver lining from this, it's that maybe we will finally bring back so much of the manufacturing (industrial, pharmeceutical, etc) and reduce our dependence on the global supply chain for so much of our goods.

No, you’re wrong. It’s always beneficial to point out a nonsense post as nonsense in a very direct way and make sure it doesn’t get traction.

If you’re here to say that me pointing out a wrong and dangerous post is wrong and dangerous, you are also wrong and dangerous.

You say we all have a right to our opinions, and that illustrates a big problem: Some of us don’t realize that if we think the wrong thing about an objective reality, we aren’t holding an “opinion”, we’re just wrong. If my opinion is that, say, vaccines cause autism, that’s not actually an opinion. It’s just me being wrong.

This is much different than the flu. Ignore the incidence and mortality rate. They likely aren’t accurate and they really don’t tell the story. The story is that most people do incredibly well with this disease, but those who don’t do very poorly. And yes, elderly with comorbidities have the worst outcomes, but this is also killing young healthy people. We aren’t use to seeing young and healthy people on vents dying with excellent supportive care. It’s confusing the heck out of physicians right now. Little gains have been made but there is a long way to go.

I have considerable bias on the topic. I like to see sick people fight another day. My family has relatively stable jobs and we aren’t starving right now. This flattening curve strategy is going to take months. There is no immediate vaccine or treatment. Who am I to tell someone that they can’t support their family? It seems inhumane.

I would agree about it being inhumane except that despite the partisan crap in DC, our government has taken enormous and unprecedented steps in order to mitigate the effects of the shutdown on those who aren't able to earn without risk.

I've never been much of a fan of government, but I've always understood that it's times like these when we all need it and that it should be well staffed, prepared and able.

We'll see if that turns out, but anyone downplaying this as the flu clearly hasn't had the same conversations with medical professionals that I have and so until and unless we have adequate testing which we absolutely do not have, I'll be safe and cautious and my kid will not be back in school.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom