NFL Von Miller Striken with Covid-19 (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't say he's striken.. He's fine. Just like everyone else I know who caught this flu.
My wife is not in that number. She has it, and is definitely not fine. Please don't be so flippant with your responses on this. I am glad everyone you know that has had it is fine and had mild symptoms. My experience has not been the same. I won't go on a rant, but just want to make you aware that others have not been so fortunate.

My wife is not in that number. She has it, and is definitely not fine. Please don't be so flippant with your responses on this. I am glad everyone you know that has had it is fine and had mild symptoms. My experience has not been the same. I won't go on a rant, but just want to make you aware that others have not been so fortunate.

I have a close relative that was in ICU and 100% intubated at one point with what the doctors said was a 20% survival rate. She is aware and breathing on her own now and on the road to recovery. Hydroxycholorquine and remdesvir made all the difference. As soon as she was put on those medications she was only on 40% of ventilator support within 24hrs. Keep your head up bro and I’ll pray for your wife!

I wouldn't say he's striken.. He's fine. Just like everyone else I know who caught this flu.

Speak for yourself. Not everyone is so fortunate. Approaching 35k dead in the US in less than 2 months with mitigation in place throughout the country. This isn't the flu.

I have a close relative that was in ICU and 100% intubated at one point with what the doctors said was a 20% survival rate. She is aware and breathing on her own now and on the road to recovery. Hydroxycholorquine and remdesvir made all the difference. As soon as she was put on those medications she was only on 40% of ventilator support within 24hrs. Keep your head up bro and I’ll pray for your wife!
Speedy recovery and prayers for her.

I heard that Miller is also an asthma sufferer. Glad to know he's doing well. There is also another football player that has tested positive. Can't remember his name.

I heard that Miller is also an asthma sufferer. Glad to know he's doing well. There is also another football player that has tested positive. Can't remember his name.

Allen, can't remember his first name. I think he's an offensive lineman and was the first NFL player to test positive.

That's a real strong cocktail but probably necessary given her condition. These drugs are making a difference despite what some are saying in the MSM and the scientific community. My father, 78 years old, contracted it in late March. He had a low grade fever but really suffered from severe fatigue. His oxygen level dropped to like 87 so they admitted him to Oschner. They gave him hydroxychloroquine and zpac for 5 days. On day 6, he was released, sent him home and he is expected to make a full recovery.

Speak for yourself. Not everyone is so fortunate. Approaching 35k dead in the US in less than 2 months with mitigation in place throughout the country. This isn't the flu.
Not making light of this but that number is still lower than the 2017-2018 flu epidemic. NY and NJ account for over 20K of that total. And even though my father contracted it, I am concerned over these lockdowns and restrictions. We need a better plan and that can only come with more data and testing.

Not making light of this but that number is still lower than the 2017-2018 flu epidemic. NY and NJ account for over 20K of that total. And even though my father contracted it, I am concerned over these lockdowns and restrictions. We need a better plan and that can only come with more data and testing.

That epidemic never overwhelmed the healthcare system like this had the potential to. And we didn't have the mitigation measures then that we're taking now. Treat CV19 like we normally do the flu and we'd easily have 500k+ dead and a wrecked healthcare system at this point.

There's a good reason for the lockdown, and we need to keep our guard up until a vaccine or treatment in place that keeps the hospitalization rate at a manageable level.

Glad to hear that about your relative! Unfortunately my wife can't take the chloroquine because of the interaction with one of her meds has a very adverse side-effect of prolonging her QT to the point of causing an MI. So we are going to stay away from that one.

Just got wind of the Remdesivir. Looking into it presently. She is getting worse, not hospital worse yet. She's quarantined at my Mother(s) in law's house in their 3rd floor they don't use. They are both Nurse Practitioners, so she's in as good of hands as she can be for now.

Just tough on her and myself and our 3 kids being separated like this. Have 3 young ones all under the age of 10. I hate not being able to hold her hand or get things for her. And the kids are driving me bananas! But we're making do. Appreciate the prayers!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom