Vonn Bell: New Orleans Saints Rookie Film Study (1 Viewer)

To me it would appear the perfect guy to play the RDE position but could also backup the LDE position would be Derek Barnett. Everything I've seen Tennesse ask him to do and how they move him around is exactly how we've used Kruger this year.

We've played Kruger as a Standup Rusher as well as a Down Rusher. We ask him to play the run first and not get caught going up field. He just doesn't provide consistent pressure when we say hey go get him but he's also played some smart ball too.

Barnett is the clear cut upgrade to him. Capable of playing with Similar power but he can bend the edge that Kruger can't. I don't see a better fit for the defense right now.

Barnett is a 3down player unlike Williams and Lawson who would get mauled at POA on run downs. Basically would be hoping for better Kikaha with those guys. Barnett is a complete DE. Wanted Shaq Lawson last year (very happy with Rankins though), I think Barnett is better though. I really think missing piece is good rusher at RDE. When Junior was here we were trotting out Hawthorne and Lofton at LB Roberston and Ellerbe are better....but had nasty pass rush. Barnett is my top pick so far early followed by Zach Cunningham if he is gone

Yeah I would much rather a CB in FA. AJ Bouye or Trumaine Johnson would be awesome. But if we can't land one of those guys I wouldn't be against drafting a CB. Especially if they feel like whoever it is has #1 CB potential.

bring in another CB for starter with Breaux, resign Webb and Moore as depth, they have good experience. the other 2 rookies can fill it out as they now have experience, along with Swann and Williams

Great write up as is your usual. Thanks.
And to think there were some that said we waisted a pick by trading up for him.

If we are talking edge players, gimme tim Williams all day.

Yeah I'm cool with drafting a CB but not if it means passing on Reuben Foster or Tim Wiliams.

Great DL play can mask/hide poor CB play. Generally, the opposite isn't as true. Even the most elite corners can only lock down a player for so long. The less time a QB has to throw/make a decision, the better. That all starts in the trenches. For a 4-3 anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom