Vonn Bell to Bengals (2 Viewers)

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Bell should be livid!

He lost 4.5 mil, that is a lot of money to any plaeyer unless you are a top 10 QB.
I doubt he’s livid. He made just under a million dollars in 2019. He’s going to make 7 million dollars in 2020.

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A good in the box Safety tho. And a nose for the ball.
How many ints does our ballhawking Free Safety have? And I’m not being a wise arse I just don’t think he has that many.
If you're talking about Marcus Williams he has 10 int's.......................Bell has 1.

DeuceMcAllisterFan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
It’s crazy how the Saints as a team has offered some very reasonable contracts only to watch some of these guys end up getting the same or less somewhere else because they wanted more.

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, but the Saints signed Emmanuel Sanders at $8 mil per year, which would be on the level of a 5th. That has to cancel out one of the compensatory picks gained. Maybe someone who knows more on this can comment, but I believe the Sanders signing would cancel up to the 3rd for Teddy and not down to one of the 6ths (Klein & Bell).
The Saints also signed Jenkins to a reported 8 mill/yr as well, so that plays into the comp picks picture as well.

Reaction score
The Saints also signed Jenkins to a reported 8 mill/yr as well, so that plays into the comp picks picture as well.
It doesn't. Jenkins was released. Only true FAs count.

As far as what counts we have:
Bridgewater
Apple
Bell
Klein

To negate that we have:
Sanders

Ultimately we are looking at a 3rd and two 6ths most likely. I thought we could get a 5th from Bell but he signed less than I thought.

SuperKid

Time for change
Reaction score
Hate to see it, but at least he's in the AFC.

makes you wonder how much he and his camp were actually looking for/expecting to get for him to stall on a 7.5 mil offer to come back...

town123

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hate to see it, but at least he's in the AFC.

makes you wonder how much he and his camp were actually looking for/expecting to get for him to stall on a 7.5 mil offer to come back...
Hopefully we'll get the answer at some point. Thinking the Mark Ingram situation for sure. Makes me wonder if agents are just extremely overpaid mindmdkers

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If you're talking about Marcus Williams he has 10 int's.......................Bell has 1.
One is an in the box SS and one is a Free Safety as I’m sure you’re aware. Bell was also around the ball and forcing and or recovering fumbles a good bit too imo.

Regarding Marcus having 10 picks, I’ll admit I wouldn’t have thought he’d have that many. I respect anyone’s right to feel he’s a difference maker back there. I do not.
He is no Sharper. Not even by a third.

I think Bell is a good SS.
I think Marcus is a slightly below average FS.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hate to tell you but yes he signed for less. 3 years 6 million per year. We offered 7.5 million per year.
Man. That sucks.
This should be a lesson to current Saints players and free agents alike (2 years running, and even occurred with a team leader in Mark Ingram last season).

If the Saints and Loomis make you an offer, it’s going to be a fair offer and likely at or above market value... You need to engage and respond to the team, or they will simply move on to another option. Ingram blew it, and ended up with basically the same money on a contending Ravens team..
Bell blew it, and ended up in the arm pit of the NFL for less money.
I think as another poster stated, Bell knew CGJG would take his playing time. I don’t think Bell wanted to stay.
Godspeed, Vonn! I will always be a fan!
Me too. He balled out imo. And was not anti clutch.

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
A good in the box Safety tho. And a nose for the ball.
How many ints does our ballhawking Free Safety have? And I’m not being a wise arse I just don’t think he has that many.
Surprising 10 career INTs so far.

I hate losing Bell. ALWAYS around the ball, seemly was picking up every fumble and returning it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom