Vonn Bell to Bengals (1 Viewer)

I am sure Bell is looking forward to all the TD passes he is going to be catching from Burrow /s

I’m kind of disappointed too like you guys, but we still got Jenkins who’s older yes but better in coverage and with the amount of talented receivers in our division, i have a preference for a DB who can cover.

Except that i think that we should draft for a safety imo during RD 1 or 2 because Jenkins is still talented but he’s not getting young !

ESPN reporting 3yrs $18mil.

So if we really did offer 7.5/yr, it sounds like his agent overplayed his hand, ala Ingram...

This would put his Comp Pick Value at a Sixth Round Pick.

Saints are currently in line for a 3rd (Teddy) a 6th (Klein) and another 6th (Bell). (Can I get a WOOT! for that?)

This has a breakdown on the numbers. If Bell had gotten the $7.5 million per year the Saints are supposed to have offered, it would have been a 5th round pick. ESPN is reporting $6 million per year, which works out to a 6th round pick.

Just owndering if this was an Ingram situation.

Saints offered at least $8 million and he turned it down, so they went to Plan B.

8M? 1st I've heard of this.

According to Underhill, Saints offered $7.5 million but Bell's people never responded to the offer. So, they move on to Malcolm Jenkins.

ESPN reporting 3yrs $18mil.

So if we really did offer 7.5/yr, it sounds like his agent overplayed his hand, ala Ingram...

Yep, it does seem his agent overvalued his market. Here's what Nick Underhill wrote in his article at the time (pay site):

New Orleans was interested in keeping safety Vonn Bell and offered him something around the neighborhood of $7.5 million per season, according to a source. The safety had an offer and was in the process of exchanging offers, but New Orleans decided to move on to Jenkins, who agreed to a four-year deal worth a reported $8 million per season.

Underhill has said often this year that the Saints have a value in mind for each free agent and are sticking to it. I am enjoying Underhill's new site very much.

Bell's ability to play the run will be sorely missed. Between him and Klein we lost 2 of our big run defenders, IMO it only increases the need for us to find a stud linebacker.

Okay, but the Saints signed Emmanuel Sanders at $8 mil per year, which would be on the level of a 5th. That has to cancel out one of the compensatory picks gained. Maybe someone who knows more on this can comment, but I believe the Sanders signing would cancel up to the 3rd for Teddy and not down to one of the 6ths (Klein & Bell).
Sanders cancel with Apple.

Yep, it does seem his agent overvalued his market. Here's what Nick Underhill wrote in his article at the time (pay site):

Underhill has said often this year that the Saints have a value in mind for each free agent and are sticking to it. I am enjoying Underhill's new site very much.

Agree completely.

I’m not one to tell people how to spend their money. Especially at a time like this. But if youre One of the fortunate few who has some $ these days, it’s well worth the money.

According to this report, Vonn Bell agreed to sign a 3 year contract worth $18M ($6M per season) with the Cincinnati Bengals.

He passed on the Saints contract... or dragged his feet or whatever.. and got less money to play for a perennial dumpster fire in Ohio.

Congrats Vonn

this was the first piece. Allowed to happen in good faith to get the Burrow deal done.

Image result for its happening gif

This seems remarkably affordable. Did Vonn Bell pull a Mark Ingram?

The difference being Mark Ingram went to a better situation (for him professionally) and to a team that is a viable contender more often than not...

Bell took less to go to the laughing stock of the NFL, with probably the worst owner in the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom