Vonn Bell to Bengals (2 Viewers)

If you're talking about Marcus Williams he has 10 int's.......................Bell has 1.

One is an in the box SS and one is a Free Safety as I’m sure you’re aware. Bell was also around the ball and forcing and or recovering fumbles a good bit too imo.

Regarding Marcus having 10 picks, I’ll admit I wouldn’t have thought he’d have that many. I respect anyone’s right to feel he’s a difference maker back there. I do not.
He is no Sharper. Not even by a third.

I think Bell is a good SS.
I think Marcus is a slightly below average FS.

Hate to tell you but yes he signed for less. 3 years 6 million per year. We offered 7.5 million per year.
Man. That sucks.
This should be a lesson to current Saints players and free agents alike (2 years running, and even occurred with a team leader in Mark Ingram last season).

If the Saints and Loomis make you an offer, it’s going to be a fair offer and likely at or above market value... You need to engage and respond to the team, or they will simply move on to another option. Ingram blew it, and ended up with basically the same money on a contending Ravens team..
Bell blew it, and ended up in the arm pit of the NFL for less money.
I think as another poster stated, Bell knew CGJG would take his playing time. I don’t think Bell wanted to stay.
Godspeed, Vonn! I will always be a fan!

Me too. He balled out imo. And was not anti clutch.

A good in the box Safety tho. And a nose for the ball.
How many ints does our ballhawking Free Safety have? And I’m not being a wise arse I just don’t think he has that many.
Surprising 10 career INTs so far.

I hate losing Bell. ALWAYS around the ball, seemly was picking up every fumble and returning it.

It’s crazy how the Saints as a team has offered some very reasonable contracts only to watch some of these guys end up getting the same or less somewhere else because they wanted more.
It's because these guys think they can get more and have to settle for less cause the Saints don't wait.

I like our approach. We can't sit here and wait and miss out while waiting.

The byproduct of drafting well... beats other ootions.

That’s exactly right. Both players (Ingram and Bell) saw their contracts expire while their heir-apparent was already on the roster, and on a rookie deal. Great Point.
The thing is, in both cases, the veteran player was offered a very deal... that was equal or better than the deal they ended up with for their new team.

That’s exactly right. Both players (Ingram and Bell) saw their contracts expire while their heir-apparent was already on the roster, and on a rookie deal. Great Point.
The thing is, in both cases, the veteran player was offered a very deal... that was equal or better than the deal they ended up with for their new team.

Actually I think the Ravens offered Ingram 1.5 million more guaranteed than what the Saints offered him.

Basically 5 million guaranteed vs 6.5 million guaranteed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom