Vonn Bell (2 Viewers)

I love Vonn Bell, and I will love to have him back.

We know he has another offer, from the Panthers. We don't know the amount of that offer.

I think this might be a Ingram/Murray situation all over again.

We made an offer, we didn't get an answer. We found a possibility to fill the hole and we proceed. Nothing wrong with that.

It will be interesting to see the amount of both contracts. Then we will be able to judge if the saints did the right thing or not.

He gone... A player coming off his rookie deal looking for his first contract is not going to give a discount. The only way he stays is if his potential suitors go with someone else.

I love Vonn Bell, and I will love to have him back.

We know he has another offer, from the Panthers. We don't know the amount of that offer.

I think this might be a Ingram/Murray situation all over again.

We made an offer, we didn't get an answer. We found a possibility to fill the hole and we proceed. Nothing wrong with that.

It will be interesting to see the amount of both contracts. Then we will be able to judge if the saints did the right thing or not.

Agreed and if this is Murray/Ingram all over again, it falls on Bell just as it fell on Ingram. He could have remained a Saint and chose to listen to his agent's inflated contract numbers that didn't pan out.

What funny is that Payton regretted getting rid of Jenkins for Byrd. Well...history is about to repeat itself when he will regret getting rid of Bell for Jenkins. Full cycle. BTW...I’m a big Jenkins fan but Bell is significantly younger and still ascending. We better not spend more money to Jenkins.

I hate to say it, but I don't expect to have him back. We just don't have the luxury of keeping everyone at this moment. If he can be re-signed for a price we can afford, he will remain a Saint, but I think he will request and command more money than we are able to pay. Hope I'm wrong.

I agree. He's young and has been ascended every year.
I dont hate the Jenkins signing but hes at the back end of his career. Someone is going to get a very good player in Bell.

I wouldn’t despair on Bell. The Saints have a history of investing in the safety position. Payton let Jenkins go because they thought he was underperforming. Nobody thinks that about Bell. The Saints won’t get into a bidding war with anyone, but they won’t underpay either.

Plus, the Panties just gave Bridgewater a big contract. They may not have the money to overpay on a second FA. Making room will require that they move Cam Newton. Nobody is going to trade for Cam Newton.

What funny is that Payton regretted getting rid of Jenkins for Byrd. Well...history is about to repeat itself when he will regret getting rid of Bell for Jenkins. Full cycle. BTW...I’m a big Jenkins fan but Bell is significantly younger and still ascending. We better not spend more money to Jenkins.
Jenkins is significantly better in coverage than bell. I think with the proper use of CGJ who seems to have that same type of knack for being around the ball we could negate the effect of losing Bells help in run stoppage. Bell does seem to be one of the leaders on this defense tho which is the part that worries me the most.

Jenkins is significantly better in coverage than bell. I think with the proper use of CGJ who seems to have that same type of knack for being around the ball we could negate the effect of losing Bells help in run stoppage. Bell does seem to be one of the leaders on this defense tho which is the part that worries me the most.

I'd be fine with the move assuming that Jenkins makes less than Bell. If he doesn't...this screams a Byrd-Jenkins repeat...trading a young, ascending player for an aging player, likely to be on the decline. It's all good as long as Bell makes more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom