VoodooMan and Optimusaint in the Times Picayune (1 Viewer)

wow, I didn't realize you MAKE those. What's involved in working with fiberglass? Seems like something you wouldn't have supplies for laying around the garage/kitchen.

Optimus, do you have any full body pics of the suits? Both Prime and Chief?

Voodoo man and his son were on HBO's Inside the NFL a while back....It was Voodoo man Jr's first game I believe.....Optimus Saint my 4 year old son was pumped up the first time he seen Optimus Prime was a Saints fan!! I actually made him his own costume out of cardboard boxes at home!!

thats awesome! i love how excited kids get! sometimes its rough when we lose, because im walking out of the dome all depressed but the kids are still swarming around, without a care in the world.

wow, I didn't realize you MAKE those. What's involved in working with fiberglass? Seems like something you wouldn't have supplies for laying around the garage/kitchen.

for optimus prime, its a cardboard skeleton with fiberglass over it. i also use Bondo to smooth everything out.

for Master Chief, its molded urethane plastic and fiberglass. that requires making clay models, and forming molds from it out of silicone and plaster, and then casting the pieces in urethane and fiberglass.

its a lot of work, and every time i build a new suit i end up spending a lot on tools. Master Chief cost me 2 grand to build, but Prime only cost a couple hundred.

Optimus, do you have any full body pics of the suits? Both Prime and Chief?

i have a lot of photos on myspace.com/efyouz

heres two:

l_a0223a1699ea6dc5fa14fea92c2f146c.jpg

m_e4ce18dc23869f1fdf7664c4db19b867.jpg

i make all my own costumes and do all my own stunts. :)

You know, I saw you once and never realized you were a SR.com member until I got home. I saw you standing in GameStop (on Behrman Highway in Algiers) at the midnight release of Halo 3. Kind of funny, because you weren't moving when I was standing right there, so I assumed you were a prop they brought in for the midnight release. I had a what the hell moment when you finally moved. :hihi:

And by the way, that costume looks even cooler in person. :9:

I guess if they made a Halo movie you will be the first to be called for custom insight.

You know, I saw you once and never realized you were a SR.com member until I got home. I saw you standing in GameStop (on Behrman Highway in Algiers) at the midnight release of Halo 3. Kind of funny, because you weren't moving when I was standing right there, so I assumed you were a prop they brought in for the midnight release. I had a what the hell moment when you finally moved. :hihi:

And by the way, that costume looks even cooler in person. :9:

yeah i promised the guys at gamestop that i would show up after the MNF game just in time for the midnight release of halo3. they didnt believe that i had a suit, and one of them thought i was gonna just show up in paintball gear. everyone seemed pretty into it.

I guess if they made a Halo movie you will be the first to be called for custom insight.

trust me, there's guys i talk to on armor message boards that are a lot better at it than i am. they have liquid cooled underarmor and HUDs in their helmets. but thanks for thinking so highly of me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom