"Vote for the Yankees or I'll KILL YOU!" (1 Viewer)

Pure Energy

Rethink Everything
Reaction score
My son's elementary school is having a learn to vote sort of thing to help teach kids about the Democratic the kids to vote process (not to be confused with the Democratic Party in MI and FL :hihi:). . So they're voting for a team (Yankees, Mets, or Phillies) and they will be naming their hotdogs after that team. (I'm not making this up; see the letter from the Principal below.)*

Anyway, my first-grade son (he's my oldest) tells me yesterday one of the kids who is his age but was held back from first grade (they call it TP or Transitional Placement) mentions to him on the bus ride home that if he doesn't vote for the Yankees, he'll kill him.

My wife and I are friendly with the kids parents; they've been to our home and we've been to theirs a couple of times and we see them at Church.

Question: Should we mention this to the Parents or just leave it alone? I know kids say some crazy things...but is Kindergarten/First grade a bit too early for this type of language? Would you as a parent want to know about this if your kid said it?

* The Letter explaining the vote:
- - - - - - - - - -
Kids Vote Letter to Parents<o></o>
<o>
</o>
Dear Parent/Guardian,<o></o>

Your student is participating in a project called Kids Vote <st1:country-region><st1>USA</st1></st1:country-region>
involving students at all grade levels in the <st1:country-region><st1>United States</st1></st1:country-region>. Kids Vote will bring students to their official polling places on Tuesday, April 15
<o></o>
<o></o>
The Kids Vote mission fosters informed political dialogue among students and the adults in their lives, and we hope that your household will talk together about politics and government, and in election years, about candidates. Research has shown us that one of the most valuable and enduring results of the Kids Vote program is sustained and thoughtful study of the news; if you and your student watch the television news or read the paper together, you will be patterning the most basic skill of citizenship.<o></o>

This April our students will chose which professional baseball team to honor at their school by naming the weekly hotdog during the month of May for that team. Our mission is to teach students to vote and watch their parents do the same. In November we will hold “mock presidential elections” in each school.<o></o><o></o>

Kids Vote is a wonderful vehicle for fulfilling our mutual responsibilities to help your child become an active citizen.<o>
</o>
<o></o>
Thank you for your continued support.<o></o>

If my kid said that, I'd want to know about it so we could discuss it. You might need to say something in a casual manner.

If TV has taught me anything, its that wacky hi-jinx's will ensue if you try to tell a parent that their precious boopsie said such an awful thing. I'd probably want to know, but I think it depends on if the parents are willing to accept the fact that their babies aren't always little angels.

Plus, ugh - Yankees, Mets or Phillies? Its like the axis of evil. A true vote should have included the Nationals, just for some democratic spice and flavoring :)

I would send my kid to school the nest day with a Red Sox hat and my bat signed by David Ortiz. He could figure out what to do with the bat ;)

j/k of course

A friendly, charitable chat with his parents is in order, I think, especially if your son seems at all frightened or upset by it. If my daughter said that to someone, I'd want to know.

(That said, this kid sounds like he'll have quite a future with any Clinton campaigns to come. ;) )

Given the current frame of mind that kids have these days, I'd take it seriously to the point where I would say something to the parents and the child.

Have you seen the thread on the stupid girls who felt it was their just right to beat senseless this girl who called them foul names?

Tell the kid's parents. Not in a mean or horrified way. Just tell them what he said to your son and figured they'd want to now because you'd certainly want to know if your own son said something like that. Hey, parents can't intervene if they don't know. Tell them so they can nip it in the bud. It's probably fairly innocent, but unchecked it could develop into a scary attitude over the upcoming years. Kids need direction, as you well know.

Tell your son to find five of his buddies and ambush him at your house.

Too soon?

dude if your son votes for the yankees I will kill you!

j/k

seriously chat with the kids parents, and dont be drastic about it, just casual...

So anyway Bob.. your boy said he was going to kill my son today.

I just wanted to have a casual chat with you.

23313287.jpg

seriously if the right teacher at the right school hears that kid say that, they'd call the cops and your friends kid would be expelled....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom