**VOTE**-Michael Thomas for Rookie of the Week (1 Viewer)

Michael Thomas looks so unstoppable the last game. I may be wrong but this is the first time I have seen him out in the open field. Most of his passes during the season has been contested with a defender all over him. This guy out in the open can do serious damage. They need to find plays where he can sit in zone coverage and let him sit in open field. It is crazy how he can stiff arm and fight off opponents. I would not underestimate his speed. He is a powerful runner after the catch.

Michael Thomas looks so unstoppable the last game. I may be wrong but this is the first time I have seen him out in the open field. Most of his passes during the season has been contested with a defender all over him. This guy out in the open can do serious damage. They need to find plays where he can sit in zone coverage and let him sit in open field. It is crazy how he can stiff arm and fight off opponents. I would not underestimate his speed. He is a powerful runner after the catch.

He was out running in the open field in the final home game against the Buccaneers Week 16 for a 46 yrd. reception (his longest of his rookie season).

He was out running in the open field in the final home game against the Buccaneers Week 16 for a 46 yrd. reception (his longest of his rookie season).

But wasn't a defender covering him when that play happened. I have to see that replay again.

But wasn't a defender covering him when that play happened. I have to see that replay again.

Ah, I see what you are getting at. You're referring to him running free with no defender around, aren't you?

The cornerback was playing off-coverage on a quick slant and dove at Mike's legs and missed. Then, he juked the guy in the next line of the defense, and he too misses the tackle, so he runs free before getting tripped up by Kwon Alexander inside the 20.

EDIT: Video: (the title is incorrect, as it was a 46 yrd. play, not 51)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCYkzTZwHZk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom