Voyager 1 still going (1 Viewer)

The funny thing about Star Trek: The Motion Picture, is that it's set in the 2270's. So, 248 years from now, or so.

In that time frame, Voyager 1 will still not quite be at the Oort Cloud, so not even to Alpha Centauri, the next closest star.

So... unless the Vulcans or someone gave it a boost, any single Federation craft would have explored much more of space than Voyager 1 would have.

1653018247506.png

So is VGER Voyager 1 or 2?

I don't like how they call space inside the Oort cloud as interstellar space. It seems to me like the Oort cloud is the line where things stop being influenced by the sun. If the Oort cloud surrounds the sun, then it seems to me that you have to be past that before the influence of the sun is completely gone.

But i'm no scientist, i learned everything i know from youtube.

I don't like how they call space inside the Oort cloud as interstellar space. It seems to me like the Oort cloud is the line where things stop being influenced by the sun. If the Oort cloud surrounds the sun, then it seems to me that you have to be past that before the influence of the sun is completely gone.

But i'm no scientist, i learned everything i know from youtube.
Don't discount a good YouTube education. You give me enough time, and if I can make it past the crappy music/boring intro, I'm pretty sure I could pull off brain surgery.

Starliner is approaching the ISS. I think they are about 45 minutes to an hour from docking.
Edit: First attempt at about 6:10 pm central time.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom