VPN services (1 Viewer)

Brennan77

Dubious
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Do you use one? If so, which do you use and how do you use it? Is it on all your devices? Do you leave it on all the time?

Discuss.

Express VPN. I use it for Sunday ticket on game days. It’s been a snap to use and this is my second season using it. I just use it on game days and turn it off when the game is over. I was feed up with directvs stranglehold on the service and could not justify keeping it any longer that way.

Express VPN. I use it for Sunday ticket on game days. It’s been a snap to use and this is my second season using it. I just use it on game days and turn it off when the game is over. I was feed up with directvs stranglehold on the service and could not justify keeping it any longer that way.

Are you on a paid tier?

I think it depends on how private you want to be. Some are in other countries and have to abide by their rules, which could mean they have to hand over some information if the courts ask. But if you want to just bypass a geo restriction, then a lot of them will suffice.
I have used one for a few years called windscribe. Probably not the most well known brand out there, but I have had no complaints with it. There used to be a code to get a free plan with them with 50Gb per month, but not sure if the code still works or not. But if it still works, 50Gb is pretty generous to test them out

I would say though if anyone is serious, to just start reading vpn review sites to get an idea what to look for or not

I use NordVPN, but I don't leave it on all the time. Mostly for when I am doing things where I don't want to be tracked. I use it on my phone whenever I am using a "free" wifi anywhere. Note that using a VPN does reduce internet speeds.

I encourage research to see who owns the VPN service you are looking at. I read where ExpressVPN was purchased by a company that is involved in malware, etc.

I have a 3-year subscription to SurfShark. I use it at home whenever I don't want to be tracked or when I need to watch something on Netflix that's not available in the US. I use it especially whenever I travel, no matter what network I connect to.

How does it affect your...ahem...speed of acquisition?
Initially it was very good. Lately I have been having issues but I haven't spent the time to look into the problem. Could be a setting, could be the service, could be the "acquisitions".

How does it affect your...ahem...speed of acquisition?
I don't know about Windscribe, but for Surfshark it depends on the server you connect to. My closest server is in Houston, but it is sometimes the slowest. But when I connect to servers further away (Denver, Canada, UK mainly), I barely notice a difference.

As example, my current speed connected to a Phoenix server...

Screenshot_20220120-085822.png

I don't know about Windscribe, but for Surfshark it depends on the server you connect to. My closest server is in Houston, but it is sometimes the slowest. But when I connect to servers further away (Denver, Canada, UK mainly), I barely notice a difference.

As example, my current speed connected to a Phoenix server...

Screenshot_20220120-085822.png
I haven't even check my change in speed since I signed up. I have not noticed any lag but I want to check it nonetheless. I only signed up because I wanted a couple of MacOS books but when I checked my account, Im paid through 2025. They hit me with an extra year some kind of way. Probably just keep it though.

So, it turns out that my VPN is fine. I was having an issue with Transmission. I switched to Vuze and have had no issues since.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom