Vue vs Sling vs DirectTV Now vs ... (1 Viewer)

Which streaming service do you prefer?

• DirectTV Now

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Sling TV

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • PS Vue

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Something Else (please describe)

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just trying to get everyone's thoughts while adding a pole to it. Thoughts?

PS vue has my vote. I tried both sling for a few days and vue and I preferred the features of vue. Plus I did some research and found that many others have favorable reviews of the vue. Got rid of Direct TV and saved myself 100 bucks a month as well!

i chose ps vue. they have a good line-up of channels, not much freezing and buffering, and have a cloud dvr (although i must admit, i haven't quite figured out how it works yet). Google will also be releasing a live tv streaming service in the near future. I'm interested to see what it will be like.

i chose ps vue. they have a good line-up of channels, not much freezing and buffering, and have a cloud dvr (although i must admit, i haven't quite figured out how it works yet). Google will also be releasing a live tv streaming service in the near future. I'm interested to see what it will be like.
To use the DVR, you have to set the show as a favorite. It will then rebooted every episode and hold it in the cloud for 30 days. It's not the most friendly, but it's better than nothing.

I vote Vue. I used it for a week and thought it was decent. I switched over to Directv (regular service) since I moved back into my house (post flood). Their technician broke my new 65" Samsung 4k tv and they've been giving me the runaround in trying to replace it.

I'm really just complaining, but my experience with Vue was good. As soon as Directv replaces my tv, I'm switching back to Vue.

I've got Sling TV and I'm happy with it. $19.99 a month and I get the channels that I only really watch. ESPN, ESPN2, TNT,TBS,AMC,HGTV,ELREY,Travel,FOOD,CNN, and a couple of other channels.

Youtube TV is coming out now.

YouTube TV to launch with CBS, ESPN, Fox and NBC nets, but no league-owned or Turner channels

YouTube entered the online streaming fray by unveiling its network lineup and monthly pricing. At a press event on Tuesday, YouTube officially announced YouTube TV, a lineup of more than 40 channels at $35/month.

Right now, we don’t know when YouTube TV will launch, but there is a signup that will send out an e-mail to let you know.

The four major broadcast networks will be there, ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC. For NFL fans, they’ll be able to games on computers, Chromecast and tablets, but they’ll fall under blackouts on mobiles as Verizon currently has the rights to show games on smartphones.

In addition, Big Ten Network, CBS Sports Network, ESPN’s family of networks, FS1/FS2, Fox Sports’ regional networks and NBCUniversal’s sports networks (Golf Channel/NBCSN). But there are some major omissions in YouTube TV’s lineup.

There are no league-owned networks, MLB Network, NBA TV, NFL Network or NHL Network. None of Turner’s networks, CNN, TBS, TNT, truTV or Turner Classic Movies are listed. And none of Viacom’s networks, MTV, Spike or VH1 will be on when YouTube TV launches.

Some of the features include a cloud DVR, the ability to record live TV with unlimited storage. And according to YouTube, subscribers will be able record as many programs as they want simultaneously.

People can watch on all possible screens, computers, mobiles, tablets, Google Chomecast or Chromecast built-in TV.

YouTube TV memberships come with six accounts. And there are no commitments, people can cancel at anytime.

But the main takeaway for sports is that while some of the major networks like CBS/CBS Sports Network, ESPN’s family, Fox along with its Fox Sports channels (Fox Soccer Plus will be an add-on), NBCUniversal’s networks are there, several major networks are not.

Looks like Vue has taken notice that YouTubeTV is out. I just got a free upgrade to Elite for the next 3 months. No complaints. :9:

Another thing about Vue dvr. If you want record sports with big leagues, you can't make it lock on one team. Follow the Pelicans? It will only record ALL NBA games and you'll have to sift through the recorded games to find your team. Didn't have it for football season, but I'd imagine it'd be the same.

Looks like Hulu is about to enter the live TV business and will look to be a major competitor in the market.

I just started the free trial of Direct TV now. I'll also do the free trial for PS Vue in a day or two, so I can watch the draft from home (cord cutter here).

AT&T sent out an e-mail that gives a free month trial of DTVNow (RULESFREE4 is the code).

I'll vote in the poll after my trials. I think PSVue would be better for me based on channel line up and I can use my PS4 to watch. I'd have to borrow my kid's FireTV stick to watch Direct TV Now on the TV.. probably going to just be on my phone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom