Wait until out of towners hear our version of "Sports Talk" (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
They'll either go stark raving mad, throw something at the radio, or maybe enjoy it if they're drunk. They may need an interpreter to understand deke and Bobby. Lol. :ezbill:

most will be to drunk to care or drunk enough to understand them

They'll either go stark raving mad, throw something at the radio, or maybe enjoy it if they're drunk. They may need an interpreter to understand deke and Bobby. Lol. :ezbill:

Yea they will get mad, especially when they hear Bobby say... "Farty Ninnars" :smilielol:

Saints fan relocated here... First, Ft. Smith, AR... Local Hogs radio, "Scott & Wally"... Horrible... Scott is ok, but Wally adds nothing.

Scott: So, Wally, you think the Hogs will get 10 wins?
Wally: (long silence) yeah... Yeah, I do.

Then I moved to OKC... Dusty & Teddy... Former Sooners & NFL players. Good show. Not bombarded by commercials, they talk about relevant items even beyond Sooners & college. If you call in, they talk to you. Entertaining. They have great interviews (Curtis Lofton, Jamaal Brown, Jim Nantz, etc).

But when I get on the net & listen to Bobby, its like air. Ahhhhh. I feel like I'm home. And Bobby, God love him, is sooo entertaining. Less commercials would be great, but if you didn't have him, you'd miss him. Trust me on this. I rarely get to hear about the Saints on radio since leaving Shreveport. When I do, it's national crap.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. As much as I like OKC, I'd rather be in y'alls shoes.

Yep. Bobby is a goof; but he's our goof.

I miss the South LA accent horribly at times and listening to Saints radio w/ him talking makes me feel like I'm back home shooting the **** with brothers, cousins, etc....

---A message from Cyberdyne Systems using Tapatalk

I'm not against soaking up a little local color, but this is why I like satellite radio in my rental.

yeah, no deke. its all bout what you don for me lately. you got to have da skins on da wall. Are you kidding me, and 3-4 coach is in da mix for defensive coordinator. We can't be giving up turdy to farty yard pass plays down da field. yeah no deke, we got to have players that will knock a snot bubble out of another player. It's crucial we have dis. what we had last season....dats not gettin it done. Of course we have to beat Dallas....its da friggin cowboys!

Just some of the stuff I have heard or remember seeing else....gotta love bobbyisms

I'm not against soaking up a little local color, but this is why I like satellite radio in my rental.

Indeed. It never even dawns on me to listen to local radio.

(BTW, who spends their Superbowl trip listening to local radio anyway?)

I can't live without Sirius NFL channel. I get 3x the quality saints talk over local. It is more informed and you don't get calls from people wanting to make Ricky Jackson the defensive coordinator.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

With aps like tune in radio and streaming on smart phones, so many having satellite radio combined with tourists never stopping in the city they probably wont here much 870am.

I know if I was in another city following my team for the Super Bowl the last place I'd be listening to sports talk is on out of town AM radio.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom