Waiting on Winston to Sign (2 Viewers)

I think we'd lose the 6th round AJ Klein compensatory pick...is that right?

I know he’s been a knucklehead, but he’s still young... and he was the number 1 overall pick when he came out... (not that that means everything). Still, if it costs the Saints a 6th round comp pick next year (at the end of round 6) to have a chance for Sean Payton to evaluate and work with him (under the guidance of Drew “freakin” Brees) for an entire season... I’m all for it.

Considered by scouting community to be advanced in ability to scan field and get through progressions. Has natural feel for throwing windows and anticipates openings that other college quarterbacks don't see. Has height to see over offensive line and thickness of build to withstand NFL hits. Big arm by NFL standards. Gets full extension and follow through into throws with ability to drive ball into the seam in front of safeties. Can make all of the field-side throws teams need. Most teammates very trusting and protective of him, according to regional scouts. Aware in pocket, but not overly jittery. Good feel for edge pressure and steps up into pocket while continuing his scan. When pressure mounts, so does his focus. Shows faith in his wide receivers and willing to go right back to them after a drop. Strong lower body and able to shake free of some would-be sacks and get rid of the ball. Fierce competitor and unafraid of mistakes. Shows above-average football character. Will make throws and take chances others won't, which can be a special trait if properly harnessed.

I know he’s been a knucklehead, but he’s still young... and he was the number 1 overall pick when he came out... (not that that means everything). Still, if it costs the Saints a 6th round comp pick next year (at the end of round 6) to have a chance for Sean Payton to evaluate and work with him (under the guidance of Drew “freakin” Brees) for an entire season... I’m all for it.
Or just, you know, wait until slightly later in the day and not lose a draft pick at all?

This was pretty much all covered by post #2 in this thread.

I heard they were still negotiating the signing bonus. Winston wants all you can eat crab legs thrown in lol
Speaking of crab legs, I can only eat like a set of crab legs. I don't know how people at a Chinese buffet can wait 30 minutes to get 2 plate full of crab legs. It isn't all that great, in my opinion.

Won't even happen today which I agree with. There's literally no harm in waiting to do it tomorrow or Wednesday as opposed to today. Payton and co. aren't even going to let the NFL even think about getting one over on us (Can you easily just imagine Goodell going "Well it sure was suspicious you guys signed him at 5pm on comp deadline day").

Wait till later in the week to make it official. The only thing that not signing him today delays is the Saints social media welcome post to him. Big whoop.

maybe we are having second thoughts.................................................please don't sign this guy
No, it's really about saving a comp pick. Just that. Nothing more.

(Until the news comes out that his right arm fell off over the weekend)

Speaking of crab legs, I can only eat like a set of crab legs. I don't know how people at a Chinese buffet can wait 30 minutes to get 2 plate full of crab legs. It isn't all that great, in my opinion.
If you have only gotten crab legs at a chinese buffet then I would agree. Try the king crab legs at a nice restaurant or some place like the Bellagio buffet and you may think differently. And dungeoness crab is also phenomenal.

If you have only gotten crab legs at a chinese buffet then I would agree. Try the king crab legs at a nice restaurant or some place like the Bellagio buffet and you may think differently. And dungeoness crab is also phenomenal.
I tried all sort of crab but I always go back to blue crabs.

It's a pick we're keeping. If you want a signing to happen faster, you are making no sense to me TBH.

Look, I’m not trying to ruffle any feathers... my point is/was, even if they did lose the 6th round comp pick (which they didn’t), I (me personally) do not care either way.

I think Floyd Turner was the last Saints’ 6th round pick that is even worth remembering... and for every Floyd Turner, there’s a handful of Taylor Mehlhaffe’s, Mike Buck’s, and Nickie Savoie’s.

I'm with ya there, but at a crawfish boil, I'll eat like I have two stomachs, even if I regret it later.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom