Waitress fired for posting "God Tip" (1 Viewer)

Did she say that the waitress shouldn't have been fired for a mistake she made? I hadn't read that. I think that is definitely a step in the right direction compared to the other statements I've read. Maybe you've been following this closer than I have -

I think she can explicitly say that she's sorry for what she did, rather than these sort of equivocating apologies that have only appeared after she got caught. Not only make mention about embarrassing herself or her church.

I think she can use this as a teachable moment about forgiveness and talk about how her initial anger shouldn't only have been directed at the waitress (and an entire staff who might not even have known about this or been involved at all) but should also address how her actions might be antithetical to her beliefs and her role as congregation leader.

I think she can make a donation - in the Church's name - to an Applebee's charity or other local charity to demonstrate that forgiveness. Or make a suggestion to partner with Applebees to provide food for some needy families or homeless people.

I just think there are things she can do that would benefit her, the church, the community, and the waitstaff/management.

Maybe she's doing some of that - just saying that what I've read. Like I said, maybe you've read more about this than I have.

Actually, I just saw the one interview this morning on TV and wasn't really paying close attention. If the Gawker source is accurate, then she made a bad situation much worse and she deserves to be called out on it.

Appreciate the ideas. The donation to charity/homeless via Applebee's is a nice idea.

I think we're missing a big part of the equation, here.

This waitress was fired because of something someone else wrote and another person posted on FB. Why was she fired, again?

I think we're missing a big part of the equation, here.

This waitress was fired because of something someone else wrote and another person posted on FB. Why was she fired, again?

No, the waiter who snapped the photo with her phone posted it, not the waiter who served the group.

I suspect she (the one who posted the photo) was fired because Applebee's doesn't want their waiters posting receipts (regardless of the note) from their business on the internet. What business would want that kind of controversy anyway? It was a terrible idea on the waiter's part. As was the pastor's note.

This story doesn't demonstrate much common sense on either side.

No, the waiter who snapped the photo with her phone posted it, not the waiter who served the group.

I suspect she was fired because Applebee's doesn't want their waiters posting receipts (regardless of the note) from their business on the internet. What business would want that kind of controversy anyway? It was a terrible idea on the waiter's part. As was the pastor's note.

This story doesn't demonstrate much common sense on either side.
Yes, I understand which waitress posted it. My confusion is which waitress was fired. Was it the one that served the table or the one that posted the pic?

Yes, I understand which waitress posted it. My confusion is which waitress was fired. Was it the one that served the table or the one that posted the pic?

Oops, I left it out. The waitress who posted the pic got fired, hence the further explanation.

This whole story has gone haywire; I hope it gets straightened out at least a bit, and I bet there's a romantic comedy screenplay in there somewhere.

On another note, I don't know why people are so surprised about this. I've heard of clergy from other religions who were also low tippers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RnHaTlI1p7o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We can't have a thread talking about pastors without the pastor of gas himself.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/82e283rqxrY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm still dumbfounded on how she gives God 10%. Makes no sense. Giving implies that possession is transferred, and in this case I'm guessing what she is 'giving' is tangible (money). So how could something tangible (her) give something tangible (money) to something intangible (god)? Also, she did no elaborate why the fact that she gives 10% to "god" justifies why it is wrong to give the waitress 18%, even though it says so on the menu. Especially considering the fact that the waitress probably even asked her if she would like fries with that, or how she would like her steak done (which I'm assuming was well-done). Does god ask these questions? I bet not!

Truth in the World Deliverance Ministries, - wonder if its a registered 501c3?

Truth in the World Deliverance Ministries, - wonder if its a registered 501c3?

Churches are not required to apply for tax exempt status like other orgs are. Tax exempt status is a given, but that's not to say they are not subject to the rules of section 501(c)(3) to maintain the tax exempt status.

Churches are not required to apply for tax exempt status like other orgs are. Tax exempt status is a given, but that's not to say they are not subject to the rules of section 501(c)(3) to maintain the tax exempt status.

Indeed they're not exempt. I know of numerous ministries that are 501(c)(3) organizations. I've even considered doing that myself, but I've not gotten to that point yet.

Not as familiar with whether churches do or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom