Waitress fired for posting "God Tip" (1 Viewer)

"She preachers" are unbiblical to start with.

Tell me, do you go around stoning adulterers and women who aren't virgins on their wedding night? Because if you're going to uphold every single sentence of the bible as an 100% true and something you must live your life by in every single way (regardless of the cultural differences thousands of years of progress have brought), you should be doing that, right?

Isn't it strange how it was ok to have 700 wives back then but now it's unethical? And no adultery was ever committed back then right?

Its really very easy. Pay with cash. And cut up your credit card. I don't have one anymore, but when I did, I don't remember ever paying with my credit card to eat out.

Ok, well clearly you've got it figured out. I can't figure out how I'd go about getting cash to pay for meals without a credit card and unless you're playing a semantic game and excluding debit or charge cards from this conversation.

For me, I would have to eat out a lot less than I do, or go to the bank often and carry a ton of cash.

Isn't it strange how it was ok to have 700 wives back then but now it's unethical? And no adultery was ever committed back then right?

In their defense, it's very difficult to be guilty of adultery if you're married to every halfway decent looking woman in the area and equally difficult to covet your neighbors' old ladies if they don't have any.

She absolutely should have been fired. While I think what the customer did is pretty abominable and posting it on the internet was just reward, if someone posted one of my credit card receipts on the internet, I would not be happy. Besides that, the risk of liability in such a situation certainly isn't worth the employment of a position that turns over for them daily. And if it was a small business/restaurant, the potential bad press and word of mouth that the business condones such behavior (posting customer info to the internet) would be enough to terminate in that situation too.

It was funny and good revenge, but definitely a terminatable (sic) offense, IMO.

Yep, completely agree. If I posted one of my customers receipts on the internet I'd get fired without question.

Then again, getting fired from Applebee's will likely end up being a good thing for this person.

As for the preacher, she probably drove up in a Cadillac, doesn't give 10% to god and uses her church as a private tax shelter like so many preachers do.

In the end, the fact that this woman who probably worries more about her reputation than anyone could imagine got punked on the internet and now nationally is pretty awesome and is completely worth getting canned from that sorry excuse for a restaurant.

Tell me, do you go around stoning adulterers and women who aren't virgins on their wedding night? Because if you're going to uphold every single sentence of the bible ?

Wait...that's a Bible thing? I just figured my fraternal brothers pushed the envelope that night
huh?... good for them

Under section 508(c)(1)(A), churches are exempt from applying to the IRS for tax exempt status. They are automatically exempt - just as I said in my post.

Now, if you're making a distinction between a church and ministry, I'd have to research if the government makes such a distinction for tax purposes.

I am making a distinction. I'm pretty sure they're treated differently. I will look it up and let you know what I find. Being a minister myself, I need to know that anyway.

Ok, well clearly you've got it figured out. I can't figure out how I'd go about getting cash to pay for meals without a credit card and unless you're playing a semantic game and excluding debit or charge cards from this conversation.

For me, I would have to eat out a lot less than I do, or go to the bank often and carry a ton of cash.
Yes, I have it figured out for me. To each his own. I didn't say everyone should do it. You asked me how I did it, I told you. And I don't eat out every night, usually saturday nights. If I don't have the cash, I don't eat out.
A few years ago a bunch of debit card numbers were stolen in a neighboring town, and I did away with my debit card too. I still have a few select store charge cards for emergencies.

Yes, I have it figured out for me. To each his own. I didn't say everyone should do it. You asked me how I did it, I told you. And I don't eat out every night, usually saturday nights. If I don't have the cash, I don't eat out.
A few years ago a bunch of debit card numbers were stolen in a neighboring town, and I did away with my debit card too. I still have a few select store charge cards for emergencies.

You have a better chance of losing your wallet full of cash or getting mugged at an ATM versus getting your credit card info picked up by a service industry employee AND being unsuccessful in getting any fraudulent charges dropped off. I'll gladly take my chances with my debit /credit cards.

I had something similar, but not intentional, happen to me before and it was easily fixed with a call to the bank. Had a tab running at a bar, and the bartender accidentally gave my card to another patron (and closed it out on his tab). I noticed a McDonald's charge on the account Monday morning (I didn't go there), which prompted me to look in my wallet, where I then found a card from my same bank but with some other guys name on it. Honest mistake by the bartender and by me for being too drunk not to notice the name on my card when I closed out. Guess the other guy was equally intoxicated since he missed the name twice. I easily got this fixed and insisted my card be ran again at the bar once the wrong charges were fixed since my tab was greater than his by more than a hundred dollars. Didn't want to screw the bar or bartender for an honest mistake.

If no credit card works for you, more power to you, but I don't know how I would get by when you consider rental cars, hotels, travel and event tickets, and online shopping. Not to mention, reward points. Cash is nice, but it would be hard to live without at least one card.

I have to say it. generally black people are the worst tippers on earth.
We used to call them "Canadians" when I was a waiter a loooong time ago. From what my kids tell me this still exists.

That woman probably doesn't tip anywhere.

Add to the fact that she is a preacher and an annoying oen at that. She deserves everything she gets.

I have to say it. generally black people are the worst tippers on earth.
We used to call them "Canadians" when I was a waiter a loooong time ago. From what my kids tell me this still exists.

That woman probably doesn't tip anywhere.

Add to the fact that she is a preacher and an annoying oen at that. She deserves everything she gets.

You don't HAVE to do anything of the sort
you want to do it and you did
sad that you would clump a whole group like this

Sadder still that you are so wrong - the correct answer is a group of 3 or more women, followed closely by germans

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom