Wal-Mart to officially discontinue HD DVD sales by June (1 Viewer)

slaym

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/15/wal-mart-to-officially-discontinue-hd-dvd-sales-by-june/

With HD DVD, things are just going from bad, to really bad, to worse, to car-crash-you-can't-stop-looking-at. You can file this one under that latter category, as Wal-Mart has officially announced its intentions to stop stocking HD DVD players and movies by June. According to reports, the retailer came to the decision after Netflix and Best Buy made announcements concerning their position in the HD format war. Susan Chronister of Wal-Mart wrote on the company's blog, "By June Wal-Mart will only be carrying Blu-ray movies and hardware machines, and of course standard-def movies, DVD players, and up-convert players."

HD DVD, I'd like to introduce you to Beta Max....Beta Max, HD DVD.

Wonder how much money it cost for BluRay to win out?

Time of death....11:39AM, Feb 15th 2008

I am crying too. A saints fan, a hd-dvd A20 owner, and a Ron Paul supporters!

14-grim-reaper-house.jpg

hd-dvd_logo.gif

it's amazing how fast this all went down. Just ONE MONTH ago, sales were just about 50-50 for blu ray vs HD DVD and nobody could say who would win out.

then BOOM. it's over.

Even though I just bought an HD-DVD player, I'm not that upset. I bought it mostly for upconversion, but really because it was $98 bucks on sale from over $200.

I'll wait to get bluray until the freakin' price on the players comes down.

Me too. The cheapest I can find is $400, which is simply insane.

I have an xbox, not a 360 and I never have time to play it. Kyler isn't even 2 so I really don't have a need for a PS3.. I'll just buy regular dvds and upconvert until bluray players are in a decent range. I bet they drop bigtime by next Christmas

To the bluray people out there.. do Bluray players upconvert regular DVDs?

somewhere, Jeff Miller is crying

:hihi:

no, i'm just completely numb to consumer ignorance and willing ness to accept dictates by Sony and movie studio executives.

Apparently people aren't confused as to getting television programs, they can go with cable, Direct TV, DishNetwork or a antenna.

Apparently people aren't confused about video game formats as as we have had no less than 3 for over 10 years.

Apparently people aren't confused about buying hd television sets as you can get plasma, LCD, 720p, 1080i and 1080p.

But apparently, all you people are so stupid, that you are just so easily confused by 2 disc formats, excuse me, 3 disc formats, that you can't decide for yourself what to get. No, you don't apparently have the intelligence level to choose the same move in either BluRay or HD DVD, your only smart enough to choose between BluRay and DVD.

i wonder how many people tonight will starve because they are too confused to choose between a cheese burger from McDonalds or Burger King.

The lack of consumer choice is greated with thunderous applause...rejoice.

Last edited:
HD DVD, I'd like to introduce you to Beta Max....Beta Max, HD DVD.

Wonder how much money it cost for BluRay to win out?
Wow, and to think wasn't it the Blu Ray people who backed up Beta Max and HD DVD who backed up VHS?

Karma baby, :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom