Walking Dead season 7 (Spoilers) (1 Viewer)

I'm on the Meh Bandwagon also. The tiger is looking much better graphically. I liked Sasha coming out of the coffin, but who didn't expect that. I think Maggie is still knocked up but not really sure anymore.

Spoilerish...

So here I am watching the show and Negan is talking to Rick about how he's going to kill Carl and blah blah blah... then Rick says "I already told..." - satellite cuts out - comes back on with the garbage crew shooting a flare up into the sky. I'm like what the heck... see what water did to me? psshhh... lol *have to youtube it or on demand it later to catch what I missed*

Spoilerish...

So here I am watching the show and Negan is talking to Rick about how he's going to kill Carl and blah blah blah... then Rick says "I already told..." - satellite cuts out - comes back on with the garbage crew shooting a flare up into the sky. I'm like what the heck... see what water did to me? psshhh... lol *have to youtube it or on demand it later to catch what I missed*

The tiger came flying in with the Kingdom and Hilltop to save the day.

Meh, the season started out amazing then episode 2-16 were townhill. They basically set it up to be a chess match to win instead of a surprise attack victory. If Dwight was really on Rick's side he should have killed Negan in the chaos that ensued.

doesn't Dwight carve wooden soldiers? I seem to remember him giving one to Daryl when they first met, before he screwed him over..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I feel like I could miss the first hour of that one and not miss anything. I get the whole "Sasha flashbacks" thing, but it just felt like it messed with the pacing. The last 20-30 minutes were fun though.

The episode ended as expected, if you thought they were actually going to war last night, you haven't been paying attention. The season has been building to firing the first shot. Next season will be the "All Out War".

Where did Daryl find the toy soldier that had "I didn't know" at?

Dwight carves those, so the assumption is Dwight left it as a "I didn't know about the double cross".

Honest question: did maggie lose the baby offscreen or did I miss an episode where that happened or is she just not showing after 1 year of pregnancy?

It hasn't been a year. If I had to guess, that entire season was about 6 weeks of "their" time. The Saviors only had two "offerings" (IIRC), which were once a month (again, IIRC).

Edit: Oh. And the ads. THE ADS.

was confused by the wooden soldier too. Overall this season has been a disappointment. Negan was an interesting character, but the story that progressed... not so much. Other than the first episode there seemed to be a lot of filler. It also seemed silly how, being outnumbered and with guns to their heads and backs, somehow the group came out alive. nobody of importance died. how convenient.

Next season they'll probably drag this out the entire way and only have the last battle on the last episode or something.

It hasn't been a year. If I had to guess, that entire season was about 6 weeks of "their" time. The Saviors only had two "offerings" (IIRC), which were once a month (again, IIRC).

Could be - though I feel like the Kingdom has had at least 3 or 4 offerings this season. Maybe they're on a different pickup schedule.

Either way, I'd expect Maggie to be showing by now. She was already pregnant for the Dumpster Fake Out, a season and a half ago.

Could be - though I feel like the Kingdom has had at least 3 or 4 offerings this season. Maybe they're on a different pickup schedule.

Either way, I'd expect Maggie to be showing by now. She was already pregnant for the Dumpster Fake Out, a season and a half ago.

They seem to be. It feels like every Kingdom episode involved a drop. Even for just cantaloupe. Which is a great use of resources.

You're right, I didn't even think about that.

I can't help but chuckle at the come around to complain posters in this thread. You guys need to just suspend a little rationale once-in-a-freakin while--it is TV show and perfection is not gonna be achievable (esp for you folks).

It was absolutely a marvelous episode. Great Abe and Sasha scenes and awesome action in the end. Perfectly sets up AOW arch for S8. The show does does struggle with pace at many points in time of many seasons, but it can't have the foot slammed on the pedal all the time. There have been amazing bottle type eps throughout this season (Dwight/Eugene/Rick and Michone/Sasha) as well as mixing in an entire and massive ensemble cast.

IMO it is quite easy to ignore the shortcomings and just embrace what the show does well and how so very few shows can actually keep you truly emotionally invested.

Next season they'll probably drag this out the entire way and only have the last battle on the last episode or something.

You can pretty much count on that. "All Out War" (which this ep was the beginning of) takes quite a bit of time in the comics.

This season wasn't great. Season 2 was the worst, but this was the second worst.

The thing is, I think next season can be a good payoff for sitting through this. They invested most of a season as just a prequel to next season, so next season better pay off.

As to this episode it didn't bother me. A little too much Sasha flashback, both the double-cross and Walker Sasha were predictable and no way with so many guns on them they come out relatively unscathed. Still, it was fun, and like I said it was all really a setup for next year.

I suspect next year will start mid-war with them talking a lot about it (maybe a montage) and the toll it's taking. By mid season I expect the war to be over and us moving on to something else. I don't think we are going to get a lot of battles, they're just too expensive to shoot. We should get a nice body count next year. Right now there's just too many characters.

I predict the theme of next season that they will run into the ground is war weariness.

Shiva... Rick is the back up tiger it seems...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ok but here&#39;s the best part about filming that whole episode:</p>&mdash; chandler riggs (@chandlerriggs) <a href="https://twitter.com/chandlerriggs/status/848720875390218245">April 3, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">when shiva came in clutch, it was literally a guy in a blue suit jumping off of a trampoline and tackling the guy lmaooo</p>&mdash; chandler riggs (@chandlerriggs) <a href="https://twitter.com/chandlerriggs/status/848721005484924929">April 3, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Attachments

• C8fUTXXXYAAU7ge.jpg
    C8fUTXXXYAAU7ge.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 5b453c89306d6afdd98f4a16328b8e9d.jpg
    5b453c89306d6afdd98f4a16328b8e9d.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 13

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom