Walking Dead - Season 9 (3 Viewers)

They pretty much pulled a reboot last season. They killed off all of the original cast except for Alicia and Strand, and then, among others new cast, added Morgan from TWD.

TWD kind of needs to do the same thing. The best characters have died or left the show, leaving supporting cast to carry the show. They could literally kill off everyone but Darryl, Carol and Judith and start over and I wouldn't really miss anyone. Or maybe they just need to wrap it up?
No. I watched the first few episodes last season and it was so bad I couldn't take it anymore. I think I stopped with the tornado, big storm, episode. I was just curious if it got better later.

No. I watched the first few episodes last season and it was so bad I couldn't take it anymore. I think I stopped with the tornado, big storm, episode. I was just curious if it got better later.
I thought it has gradually improved over course of the series. The first season was rough. It is worth watching just for Alicia, Strand and Morgan imo...now Daniel is back too. The cowboy and dharma are ok, even the chick from LOST is pretty decent. Dwight will be interesting, he's searching for Sheri still I presume?

so do we think its maggie at the end of the episode saying “Is anybody out there?”

was reading this article this morning
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...-finale-comic-spoilers-the-commonwealth-radio

i didnt read the comics, but for those of you that have, what do you think of this?
The radio broadcast is too staticky to determine the age or sex of whomever is speaking, but all signs appear to point to Stephanie, a character from the Walking Dead comics. She’s a member of a new settlement called The Commonwealth, the largest and most advanced group we’ve seen so far. The group is an inter-connected group of communities numbering 50,000 members. They enjoy a life uncannily similar to that of the pre-apocalyptic world, with sports and entertainment events and a class system deliberately made to mimic the one that once existed. (The Commonwealth is run by those who were rich before the outbreak; as a result, it’s an elitist society run by a bunch of pompous people who consider themselves superior.)
The Commonwealth’s story is still developing in the comics, but those who live there are not outright villains—at least, not yet. So far, their interactions with The Walking Dead’s core group have been civil, if not always warm. (Magna, for instance, is not a fan of the Commonwealth’s class system.) Ever since Georgie’s appearance last season, some fans have suspected that she might be part of the Commonwealth—which means that assuming it truly is coming to the show, this plot twist could provide an avenue for Lauren Cohan to return to the series, should the actress choose to do so. That maneuver could, perhaps, be what showrunner Angela Kangwas alluding to last summer, before Cohan’s official exit from the show: “We think there’s more story with Maggie to tell. We already have some plans brewing that I think are pretty cool,” she said.

so do we think its maggie at the end of the episode saying “Is anybody out there?”

was reading this article this morning
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...-finale-comic-spoilers-the-commonwealth-radio

i didnt read the comics, but for those of you that have, what do you think of this?
I don't think that's where Maggie is, I DO believe however, that's where Rick is.
This would be the perfect bridge to bring him back after the WD movie. I think the movie would be the setup for The Commonwealth.

My only thing with Rick being out there is how will they explain why he doesn't try to get back to Judith, etc. You would think once he is better he would want to return to his daughter and son.

My only thing with Rick being out there is how will they explain why he doesn't try to get back to Judith, etc. You would think once he is better he would want to return to his daughter and son.
Being held against his will would be my guess.

So they're making a spin off of a spin off of a show that just posted it's lowest rated season by viewership.

https://www.superherohype.com/news/442753-new-the-walking-dead-spin-off-series-set-to-debut-in-2020

AMC has announced they’re launching a brand new The Walking Dead spin-off series centered around two young female protagonists. Set to debut in 2020, the untitled project will be the third installment in The Walking Dead TV franchise. Production will commence this summer in Virginia.
Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/news/...ries-set-to-debut-in-2020#S0SVUbQgeEoGUOle.99

The ratings are plenty strong, and universe building is all the rage...they have enough $ to make a 3rd series and likely make it well. The fact that it's set well into the future sounds pretty interesting...here is another article I saw:

giphy.gif

Only knock against it is that Gimble is involved with it,
Agreed...at least that show-runner was responsible for a lot of very good writing/directing on TWD ...he might just be a puppet for Gimpler but I'll certainly give him a chance. Heading this far into the future could be incredible...or just plain terrible...wide range of outcomes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom