Walking Dead - Season 9 (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
It's the premiere of Season 9 - the long awaited season in which Rick meets his maker (apparently). I'm thinking this is gonna be a "make or break" season. They could either stick to the same rut and perish or they could freshen things up. I'm thinking the former.

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To Joe.

The only thing that is against your water theory is Daryl. I haven't seen him in the water since season 3. Enough of the grunge look.
The day that Daryl takes a bath the world will explode and the Rapture begins.

Maggie's gone? What...

Nothing like watching a bunch of walkers floating in the WATER down the river after falling off a blown up bridge...

I still expect them to blow the WATER tower next... and WATER continues getting more and more lines and exposure this season...

I think this season is a little better... Truly disappointed in the Negan/Maggie thing... It will be hard to look at Negan now as a BadAss super villain...

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
thinking about it they had to kill off Carl for Judith to age. That good night my car bought from 15 to 25 in one series

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
. They could not make Carl go from 15 to 25 in one episode.

SAINT__STEVEN

Golds Match-Now Fix Colla
Reaction score
Nobody is gonna be perfectly pleased with what this show does, but I think they have figured out a way to make a fresh again and still enjoy a number of characters. I am glad they did not kill Rick.

Was cool to see Shane and Hershel, but the heck was with Sasha--her and Rick hardly had much of a relationship and it felt forced (esp all the talk about family)...they should have had Lori or even Coral maybe. All and all it was enjoyable and I am glad they did a real big time jump.

jayd265

Fleur de LEE
Reaction score
so 3 episodes until the mid season finale huh? whats gonna be the "big surprise" now that rick and maggie are gone and they did the big time jump?

Bronson

Caligula would grin
Reaction score
bold and proud of where I've been but here I am...
Nobody is gonna be perfectly pleased with what this show does, but I think they have figured out a way to make a fresh again and still enjoy a number of characters. I am glad they did not kill Rick.

Was cool to see Shane and Hershel, but the heck was with Sasha--her and Rick hardly had much of a relationship and it felt forced (esp all the talk about family)...they should have had Lori or even Coral maybe. All and all it was enjoyable and I am glad they did a real big time jump.
yea, Sasha was out of place, especially when you leave out Lori and Carl (I'm guessing they are saving that for the movie?)

I thought the episode itself was well done, just wish they hadn't spoiled the whole damn thing. Seriously, be it Gimple or whoever is making these kinds of decisions, aren't jumping the shark yet as much as they are shirtting the bed.

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What is this deal that everyone says Maggie is gone?

jayd265

Fleur de LEE
Reaction score
She's leaving the show.
wish it would've been more obvious last week. but if you google shes gone for the season and they hope she can come back another year. curious as to how the show plays out now with the big time jump.

i just want old negan back. he was fun to watch.

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
thinking about it they had to kill off Carl for Judith to age. That good night my car bought from 15 to 25 in one series
I think they decided that Chandler Riggs was too poor of an actor to keep Carl as a central character (especially if they knew last year that Andrew Lincoln was going to be leaving), so they killed him off and replaced/rebooted the character with Judith.

jayd265

Fleur de LEE
Reaction score
Yea it’s this. They’re mistaking what The Whisperers are doing for walkers evolving.
i never read the comics. what are the "whisperers"? another group like we've seen before but they just walk around with the walkers blood/guts? are they good/bad? i assume bad considering there's no "bad guy" right now.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
i never read the comics. what are the "whisperers"? another group like we've seen before but they just walk around with the walkers blood/guts? are they good/bad? i assume bad considering there's no "bad guy" right now.
They are people who cover themselves with walker skin so they are able to walk around with them and the walkers don’t notice.

They are also worse than any villains the show has had up to this point.

Tater

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Yea, in the comics Carl becomes a man with the alpha's daughter. But he gave that up to save the doctor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Madmarsha Everything Else Board 11
tomwaits Everything Else Board 33
Saint Lattimore Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16

Headlines

Top Bottom