Walking Dead - Season 9 (2 Viewers)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
It's the premiere of Season 9 - the long awaited season in which Rick meets his maker (apparently). I'm thinking this is gonna be a "make or break" season. They could either stick to the same rut and perish or they could freshen things up. I'm thinking the former.

Lustmord

The Scourge of Christians
Reaction score
good mid season finale. the reveal of the whisperers (vs jesus) was very well done

man some shirt must have gone down on the last 6 years for carol and michonne to be at odds, im guessing the scar on her and daryls back is part of it and will be revealed in a 3 episode flashback

i must have missed it-how did negan get out?

SAINT__STEVEN

Golds Match-Now Fix Colla
Reaction score
good mid season finale. the reveal of the whisperers (vs jesus) was very well done

man some shirt must have gone down on the last 6 years for carol and michonne to be at odds, im guessing the scar on her and daryls back is part of it and will be revealed in a 3 episode flashback

i must have missed it-how did negan get out?
Yeah the scars are gonna be addressed in the back half of this season.
I believe Negan got out simply by a distracted Father Gabe forgetting to lock his cell...
Apparently in the comics, same thing happened (unlocked cell) but Negan stayed as a show of good faith to Rick that he was reformed. They changed it up and now Negan is loose. My guess is they are setting him up to play the hero at some point, but who knows?

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I liked the preview. I predict that 100% of the cast are made up of 60% water.

OP
OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I liked the preview. I predict that 100% of the cast are made up of 60% water.
Incorrect. The dead are, depending on the length of their decay, going to be less than 60% water. ;)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I had forgotten... When Jesus was killed in the graveyard... it was in ....

THE FOG.

Tater

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Looks like Henry will have big role now. Guess he takes the place of Carl in the Lydia story line.
Think they need to lock up the food bank in hill top with Tara taking over.

OP
OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Henry will have big role now. Guess he takes the place of Carl in the Lydia story line.
Think they need to lock up the food bank in hill top with Tara taking over.
It's still odd to me that they're going with that storyline. If that was their plan all along, why get rid of Carl? If they decided to diverge that much from the comics, then they could find something else to do with Lydia. Personally, I think they really screwed up when they got rid of Carl, especially now that Rick is gone, Maggie is mostly gone, and Michonne is going to be gone soon. Carl had plenty of room to develop.

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It's still odd to me that they're going with that storyline. If that was their plan all along, why get rid of Carl? If they decided to diverge that much from the comics, then they could find something else to do with Lydia. Personally, I think they really screwed up when they got rid of Carl, especially now that Rick is gone, Maggie is mostly gone, and Michonne is going to be gone soon. Carl had plenty of room to develop.
I read that Chandler's dad kept hinting to the show runners that he might leave to start school, maybe as a negotiating tactic, and they couldn't be sure how long they would have him, so they wrote him out. Don't know if there's any truth to that, but it was definitely a mistake losing him.

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought that it was a good episode really... I see the new group of characters has been accepted. (Knew they would)

I was watching tv after that, and saw a promo for a new special, some cop show.. and Maggie (Lauren Cohan) is the star.. I don;t see her coming back to TWD... What really sucks is that if she is gone to the show... We the people that have dealt with this show for 9 years did not get to see her get eaten by a walker. We were robbed.

The relationship between Little Miss Grimes and Negan... Kinda funny... In fact, I think they make a great pair.

And of course Water got a few good lines this episode. All of them with Negan. There was Negan drinking out of his water bottle, which he dropped and crushed. Negan drinking water out of the creek. Negan throwing up the water.. and then water all over the floor back at the sanctuary.

Upcoming predictions... This new prisoner kept talking about her mother. and this final scene the boys got captured by the whispers and the one holding the shotgun sounded Female to me. That has to be the mother Lydia mentioned... Since Lydia is being held prisoner.. I foresee the Whispers coming to Alexandria to try and rescue her from captivity....

Somewhere I also foresee the Whispers and a group of walkers trying to storm up the hill to the gates of hilltop and finally.. after all these years... They drop the water tower on them and wash them away. Along with their crops...

SAINT__STEVEN

Golds Match-Now Fix Colla
Reaction score
Pretty great opening to the back half of the season. Seems like they are gonna do the Whispers story line (at least to begin) like source material. With Danai reportedly leaving, I can see Lauren returning for her role as Maggie...that Whiskey show she's on looks like a 1 and done. They can offer her more cash and the lead role. The new characters are solid, I think they can pull off 2 or so more seasons before they are forced to bring Andy back for 1 more (and final season) as Rick...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom