Walking Dead - Season 9 (3 Viewers)

I had forgotten... When Jesus was killed in the graveyard... it was in ....

THE FOG.

Looks like Henry will have big role now. Guess he takes the place of Carl in the Lydia story line.
Think they need to lock up the food bank in hill top with Tara taking over.

Looks like Henry will have big role now. Guess he takes the place of Carl in the Lydia story line.
Think they need to lock up the food bank in hill top with Tara taking over.

It's still odd to me that they're going with that storyline. If that was their plan all along, why get rid of Carl? If they decided to diverge that much from the comics, then they could find something else to do with Lydia. Personally, I think they really screwed up when they got rid of Carl, especially now that Rick is gone, Maggie is mostly gone, and Michonne is going to be gone soon. Carl had plenty of room to develop.

It's still odd to me that they're going with that storyline. If that was their plan all along, why get rid of Carl? If they decided to diverge that much from the comics, then they could find something else to do with Lydia. Personally, I think they really screwed up when they got rid of Carl, especially now that Rick is gone, Maggie is mostly gone, and Michonne is going to be gone soon. Carl had plenty of room to develop.

I read that Chandler's dad kept hinting to the show runners that he might leave to start school, maybe as a negotiating tactic, and they couldn't be sure how long they would have him, so they wrote him out. Don't know if there's any truth to that, but it was definitely a mistake losing him.

I thought that it was a good episode really... I see the new group of characters has been accepted. (Knew they would)

I was watching tv after that, and saw a promo for a new special, some cop show.. and Maggie (Lauren Cohan) is the star.. I don;t see her coming back to TWD... What really sucks is that if she is gone to the show... We the people that have dealt with this show for 9 years did not get to see her get eaten by a walker. We were robbed.

The relationship between Little Miss Grimes and Negan... Kinda funny... In fact, I think they make a great pair.

And of course Water got a few good lines this episode. All of them with Negan. There was Negan drinking out of his water bottle, which he dropped and crushed. Negan drinking water out of the creek. Negan throwing up the water.. and then water all over the floor back at the sanctuary.

Upcoming predictions... This new prisoner kept talking about her mother. and this final scene the boys got captured by the whispers and the one holding the shotgun sounded Female to me. That has to be the mother Lydia mentioned... Since Lydia is being held prisoner.. I foresee the Whispers coming to Alexandria to try and rescue her from captivity....

Somewhere I also foresee the Whispers and a group of walkers trying to storm up the hill to the gates of hilltop and finally.. after all these years... They drop the water tower on them and wash them away. Along with their crops...

Pretty great opening to the back half of the season. Seems like they are gonna do the Whispers story line (at least to begin) like source material. With Danai reportedly leaving, I can see Lauren returning for her role as Maggie...that Whiskey show she's on looks like a 1 and done. They can offer her more cash and the lead role. The new characters are solid, I think they can pull off 2 or so more seasons before they are forced to bring Andy back for 1 more (and final season) as Rick...

I call my dog the same thing that Daryl calls his. It's we're meant to be!

I'm not really back in but I liked last night's epi. The whisperers kinda got me.

I read that Chandler's dad kept hinting to the show runners that he might leave to start school, maybe as a negotiating tactic, and they couldn't be sure how long they would have him, so they wrote him out. Don't know if there's any truth to that, but it was definitely a mistake losing him.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Carl was killed off because Chandler Riggs wanted to go to school. Plus, like most child actors, his acting skills sharply declined once he became a young adult, not to mention the fact that the time jump they wanted to write-in virtually eliminated any chance that his character could come back with the same actor even if they wanted him to live.

wouldn't the time jump have benefited him? the problem in the past was trying him look younger. He is 19 in real life, wouldn't that put him pretty close in line in what age he would be on the show after the time jump? before the time jump, it had only been like 3 years since the outbreak.

wouldn't the time jump have benefited him? the problem in the past was trying him look younger. He is 19 in real life, wouldn't that put him pretty close in line in what age he would be on the show after the time jump? before the time jump, it had only been like 3 years since the outbreak.
I am not really sure of the exact timeline of things, but it is almost just good enough to work either way, but prob better with the actual time jump I suppose...though it was a good 7 yr leap. Still, it worked well enough for Enid...
Whatever the case Coral was kinda getting meh, as the poster just before cited. I don't miss him and the amazing Judith actor more than makes up for his loss. I like the new-ish, more horror angle with the Whispers and even a lot of the new cast...I think the new show-runner has breathed a bunch of new life into it too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom