Walter Football Draft (Today's Update) (1 Viewer)

whodat4life84

Very Banned
Reaction score
1st-Sheldon Richardson---VERY happy if we get this
3rd-Jesse Williams---a STEAL in the 3rd, I hope this happens too
4th-T.J McDonald---meh, don't know too much about him tbh
5th-Chris Faulk---STEAL again
6th-not posted yet

I would jump around in the streets if we get all these players (don't know much about McDonald though). Do you guys like him? I like the first round pick, but not sure I'd spend the first two picks only on the D-line. Maybe try to get Sio Moore in the 3rd?

TJ McDonald is Tim McDonald's son... longtime DB that played for the Cardinals (and a couple others I think).

I saw him on that "Gamechangers" show when NFL Network did the DB's, and Rod Woodson and Mooch were running them through drills. He's projected to go in the middle rounds. Kid has a good head on his shoulder from his interviews on the show. I didn't watch many of his games but he played at a big time program and was pretty decent.

We wouldn't need him to be an all pro NOW but I wouldn't mind us taking him in the 3rd or 4th (4th would be great value).

Don't see how Williams falls that far personally but a damn solid class if that happened.

I've been wanting TJ McDonald with our 4th since we reportedly visited with him. 6'3" 219 and runs a 4.54. I've seen him used all over the field at USC. He even plays nickle back, but that's really not his forte. I envision him coming in when we go big nickle and covering those big tight-end / receiver hybrids.

My first priority on defense is manufacturing a pass-rush and the second would be covering those tight-ends split wide. Seeing as we really do not have linebackers with the speed to cover them, he'd see immediate playing time.

I really don't know how to evaluate players, so I wonder what you guys think of him?

1st-Sheldon Richardson---VERY happy if we get this
3rd-Jesse Williams---a STEAL in the 3rd, I hope this happens too
4th-T.J McDonald---meh, don't know too much about him tbh
5th-Chris Faulk---STEAL again
6th-not posted yet

I would jump around in the streets if we get all these players (don't know much about McDonald though). Do you guys like him? I like the first round pick, but not sure I'd spend the first two picks only on the D-line. Maybe try to get Sio Moore in the 3rd?
The 6th round pick was Michael Mauti ILB from Penn St. Obivious Saints and North shore ties.

If you listen to Sean talking about our draft philosophy on where players are graded and how we'll never be picking for need over BPA if the numbers are stacked in the direction of the BPA.

I just don't see anyway that Richardson is the pick in this situation when Jarvis Jones and Cordarrelle Patterson are available because I'll be stunned that we have him graded higher than these two. Damn fine football player but I don't think he brings the week one impact that these two should.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom