Walter Football Readers Mock (1 Viewer)

Mingo wont be around at 15. We may have a small chance at Jones and a bit bigger chance at Werner but they may be gone as well. We need to have a few WRs and QBs taken ahead of us for an elite passrusher to fall to us. It wouldn't surprise me if the only offensive players taken in the top 15 are the top three OTs. That would be the worst thing that could happen to us on draft day.

I think Mayock on NFL Network has Jones graded as a 4-3 Olb. If that's the case, might not fit our new defensive scheme. Not that I like Mingo for our pick either, but I'd go with the one more likely to fit.

I know Mingo is an amazing athlete, but Jones is a playmaker. He dominated the best conference in college and is always around the ball. You just can't coach the kind of skills he has. This defense desperately needs a guy like Jones.

I'm very torn on Jones. I went back and re-watched his game against Alabama (on YouTube if you want) and he almost always seemed to be around the ball. I understand people saying you can run at him, but a lot of the plays run at him, he had to get off a T or TE and he seemed to get a hand in there. As a pass rusher, he was giving the OL hell and even caused the T to stumble a couple of times. If you go to around the 1:50 mark, Chance Warmack pulls and is responsible for picking up Jones and Jarvis just completely gets around him and blows the play up.

Long story short, if we draft Jones, I'll be very satisfied.

Mingo wont be around at 15. We may have a small chance at Jones and a bit bigger chance at Werner but they may be gone as well. We need to have a few WRs and QBs taken ahead of us for an elite passrusher to fall to us. It wouldn't surprise me if the only offensive players taken in the top 15 are the top three OTs. That would be the worst thing that could happen to us on draft day.
there will b two qbs taken in the top ten picks.and warmack will b gone before we pick at fifteen so thats 6 offensive players drafted before our pick.

i think both players have boom/bust potential. it's going to depend on how ryan coaches them up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom