Walter football's updated mock (3/11/13) (1 Viewer)

nextyear

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

I would love this draft.

1st
saintsb_logo.gif
New Orleans Saints: Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
LSU_logo.gif

The Saints fired Steve Spagnuolo and announced that they are moving to a 3-4 defense. A new scheme doesn't mean they'll be able to fix their old problems, however. They still need to find a top pass-rusher to make things easier for an overmatched secondary. Barkevious Mingo makes a ton of sense here as one of the top prospects available.

*** OTHER 2013 NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES: ***

1. Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB - Another pass-rushing option for the Saints' new 3-4.

2. Star Lotulelei, NT - Brodrick Bunkley is currently slated to be the team's nose tackle. New Orleans may not view him as a viable option for the position. If that's the case, Star Lotulelei will be considered if he checks out medically

3rd
saintsb_logo.gif
New Orleans Saints: Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana
SoutheastLouisiana_logo.gif

The Saints obviously have to upgrade their secondary after sporting one of the worst pass defenses of all time in 2012.

4th
saintsb_logo.gif
New Orleans Saints: Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern
MissouriSouthern_logo.gif

Another piece for New Orleans' new 3-4. The Saints could use a long-term solution at nose tackle behind Brodrick Bunkley.

5th
saintsb_logo.gif
New Orleans Saints: Jordan Mills, OT, Louisiana Tech
LouisianaTech_logo.gif

The Saints obviously need tons of help on defense, but they also have to find a left tackle for Drew Brees, who didn't have much time in the pocket this past season. General manager Mickey Loomis recently discussed the challenge of re-signing Jermon Bushrod, so it sounds like he'll be moving in a different direction at the position.

Good draft, I am worried about Mingo being a bust, didn't produce much even in college and you know the tackles are not quite the same as nfl ones

Good draft, I am worried about Mingo being a bust, didn't produce much even in college and you know the tackles are not quite the same as nfl ones

Of all the picks that would be the one that scares me the most.

Would rather have Damontre Moore, Okafor, Jamie Collins, or Vaccaro before Mingo. Im just not sold on him as a football player. He seems like more of an athlete to me.

Jones and Collins over Mingo. Mingo plays the same position as Galette. He has absolutely no coverage ability. So one of those guys will be on the bench. Jones and Collins would start at SOLB opposite of Galette. That would allow Wilson to move to his natural position at ILB.

I like the draft. I'd pick Jarvis Jones though, let the Steelers have Mingo.

It is a very solid draft even if it is Louisiana heavy. You can argue Jones versus Mingo but Mingo is not a bad pick whatsoever!

Jones and Collins over Mingo. Mingo plays the same position as Galette. He has absolutely no coverage ability. So one of those guys will be on the bench. Jones and Collins would start at SOLB opposite of Galette. That would allow Wilson to move to his natural position at ILB.

This is true. So many years of Scott Shanle never being replaced, this is the year to get a SAM linebacker that can move.

Albeit I didnt see it myself, but Ive heard he showed very fluid hips at the combine

again, do a ditka, and trade all the picks to baltimore. for ed reed

Attachments

• Conrad_Dobler_1979.jpg
    Conrad_Dobler_1979.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 280
Swap mingo for jarvis jones cuz we already have our rush backer in gallette, take jarvis cuz he can cover tight ends and pass rush

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom