WalterFootball.com - 2014 Reader Mock Draft - Saints Pick (1 Viewer)

Who would you select in WalterFootball's Reader Mock Draft from the following available prospects?

• Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Marqise Lee, WR, USC

Votes: 110 45.1%
  • Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn

Votes: 45 18.4%
  • Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State

Votes: 52 21.3%
  • Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Marcus Martin, C, USC

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

NaJ88

All-Pro
Reaction score
I know that some of the forum members follow WalterFootball.com pretty closely as a NFL draft resource, and I'm sure many are aware that he holds a "Reader" mock draft annually. In it, he posts a cloud of players and allows the readers to vote on who they would draft at each position, if they were the GM for each team. Here is the link:

WalterFootball.com: Reader 2014 NFL Mock Draft

As of Monday, April 14... they're currently on the Chargers. Now while the Saints' selection isn't until 27, we can just about extrapolate who will be available to choose from at that point. At pick 25, the Chargers vote currently seems to be primarily split between Bradley Roby and Louis Nix, but Louis Nix seems to be winning by a decent margin and will probably be the pick. (You can see who is currently leading in the voting.) Then at 26, the Browns select again. Everyone knows the Browns need a QB, and in this mock draft they actually selected Sammy Watkins earlier in the draft... With Derek Carr still available, I'm willing to bet that he will be the pick for Cleveland. At the very least, I doubt a WR, OLB, or CB would be the pick.

So a potential Derek Carr pick would put the Saints on the clock. Keeping in mind the fact that Walter seems to hate Zach Strief, I would bet that he will be listing the pair of OT prospects in addition to the pair of Centers he included in the Bengals' last vote. Adding these guys to the top WR, OLB, and CB prospects still available (that have also appeared in the previous votes), this could leave the Saints with the following cloud of players to select from:

Marqise Lee, WR, USC
Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn
Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State
Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada
Marcus Martin, C, USC
Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State

Who would SaintsReport.com prefer out of these options? I think it will be interesting to compare who Saints fans prefer as opposed to "general" NFL fans.

UPDATE: Louis Nix has been selected by the Chargers at 25, and Derek Carr is currently leading the Browns' voting with about 72% of the total votes. I think it's possible we might even see the Browns' selection end prematurely and the voting for the Saints open as early as this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Ford or Shazier and scoop a WR in the 2nd.

I'd choose Lee. It's more than obvious he is the best value on the board. Roby is the only other player with 1st round value.

Hard to say when they don't list the 1st round pick. If we got a WR in round 1, then I'd say CB or ILb but don't know.

Hard to say when they don't list the 1st round pick. If we got a WR in round 1, then I'd say CB or ILb but don't know.

No, this IS the first round... I'm saying based on who has been selected up to this point and who Walter has given as options for previous picks we can guess who is going to be "available" in a day or so when the voting gets to the Saints @ 27.

So in other words, it sounds like you didn't view many of the options as 1st round prospects if your immediate reaction was that it was the 2nd round... I actually think that's telling by itself.

I'm losing more and more respect for walterfootball.

That list is ghastly.

The list is simply the prospects left available at this point in the reader mock draft... so if you lose respect for anyone, you should lose respect for the average WalterFootball.com READER. :hihi:

For me it's between 3, and the question is , If we think Lee steps up , then he's the best value , and will Ford be a better OLB than Shazier ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom