walterfootball mock (has a few surprises) (1 Viewer)

Wouldn't mind Sheldon Richardson in that situation. With Richardson and Cam Jordan Ryan may would have to mix it up some and let his DEs shoot the gaps more,

Probably more Ryan's style though is Hankins and having Bunkley compete for the DE spot opposite Jordan

Probably more Ryan's style though is Hankins and having Bunkley compete for the DE spot opposite Jordan

Can you elaborate? I honestly don't know his style and I'm just curious why you say that. Board consensus is Bunkley at NT since he played there in Denver. What makes you think he'll be a DE?

Can you elaborate? I honestly don't know his style and I'm just curious why you say that. Board consensus is Bunkley at NT since he played there in Denver. What makes you think he'll be a DE?

If I remember correctly, he likes the whole defensive line to play a two-gap style. In which case Bunkley at DE may be a viable option since his responsibilities there would be very similar to what he's done his whole career.

Someone like Richardson is more of a penetrator, so he may not be appropriate. But then Ryan is going to have to adjust somewhat to fit available personal anyways.

I could live with those picks. I would like to see us get Chris Faulk in the 3rd but we do need a CB so I see where that pick makes sense. If Faulk is recovered from his injury I think he will be much better than Bushrod and a lot cheaper too.

If I remember correctly, he likes the whole defensive line to play a two-gap style. In which case Bunkley at DE may be a viable option since his responsibilities there would be very similar to what he's done his whole career.

Someone like Richardson is more of a penetrator, so he may not be appropriate. But then Ryan is going to have to adjust somewhat to fit available personal anyways.

Payton has said that we will be playing a one-gap scheme, not the two-gap scheme. So, Bunkley is capable of playing the nose in the one-gap though I am certain we will look at to add someone who can challenge him and/or eventually supplant him at the position.

Payton has said that we will be playing a one-gap scheme, not the two-gap scheme. So, Bunkley is capable of playing the nose in the one-gap though I am certain we will look at to add someone who can challenge him and/or eventually supplant him at the position.

In that case I can officially start the Sheldon Richardson bandwagon.

Link to where Payton has said that.

Link to where Payton has said that.

I swear this "asking for a link" crap or saying "not true without a picture" stuff gets on my nerves! Sorry, I mean no disrespect but most posters do not have time to be making up things. Maybe you did not mean it that way but I see it so often and it is a tad silly to me. Check the thread from Coach Payton's radio interview on Sirius. In his interview, he says we are running the one-gap system and talked extensively about how the scheme will allow Vilma to play the weak ILB, where he will be covered up and will not have to play over the guard like he would in a two-gap scheme.

I swear this "asking for a link" crap or saying "not true without a picture" stuff gets on my nerves! Sorry, I mean no disrespect but most posters do not have time to be making up things. Maybe you did not mean it that way but I see it so often and it is a tad silly to me. Check the thread from Coach Payton's radio interview on Sirius. In his interview, he says we are running the one-gap system and talked extensively about how the scheme will allow Vilma to play the weak ILB, where he will be covered up and will not have to play over the guard like he would in a two-gap scheme.

Lol

Vilma will b the wilb/lofton strong

Hawthorne doesnt sound like hes in those plans.

I cant wait to do another projection

those guys are just throwing names around, they can't be watching tape, some of those picks are crazy

I like the pick. I think Jordan is a great fit at either OLB spot. That allows for some versatility in personnel like putting Jordan at SOLB with Galette coming in on third down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom