WalterFootball on Saints draft (1 Viewer)

Why do the Saints always go with need in the first...then decide to go BPA the rest of the way. Have they not realized that they have been much better finding talent using BPA? Did we improve our defensewith the Vaccaro pick? Yes...by default because Harper and Jenkins are awful. But he will not be a special player.

He was their BPA, I don't get why people keep on saying this. We already know they had Vaccaro ranked MUCH higher than Jones. And in terms of the overall board I've seen Vaccaro mocked before us much more often than I have Jones. Except for those late rumors from the Jets saying they 'loved' Jones (passed on him twice) we were the highest Jones was getting drafted.

While Vacarro wasnt the direction most of us thought we should go (Pass Rush), it is an absolute prevarication to say he was a bad pick. That is straight hatin, right there.

I'll give Vacarro his due...the man can play ball, he is a physical beast, and is an absolute upgrade allowing us to get flexible.
No, he really can't; have you even watched him? Those saying he 'shutdown' Austin have already been proven disingenuous. He's Malcolm Jenkins all over again.

No, he really can't; have you even watched him? Those saying he 'shutdown' Austin have already been proven disingenuous. He's Malcolm Jenkins all over again.

So at LEAST 4 NFL scouting departments, including 3 RIGHT after us (Pitt, Dal and SF) were high on this guy, but your eyes tell you that he can't play? Do I have that right?

Somebody on this forum has broken down that game play by play and showed how he did well against Austin. This backed up the professional view from footballoutsiders on that same game. All I've seen against him by the haters is the box score. Whoop dee doo!

He's nothing like Jenkins. Jenkins has no safety instincts. Vaccaro does and has been playing the position the last 3 years at a high level.

I admit I am not sold on Vaccaro, but I'm just going to hope he proves me wrong. As for the third round, Loomis/Payton did some serious awesome landing both of those guys. I can only wonder what other GMs were thinking in letting both of those guys go past them all through the second round and that far into the third. Some of them passed on them two or three times. Seems nuts, but I'm glad we grabbed them.

So at LEAST 4 NFL scouting departments, including 3 RIGHT after us (Pitt, Dal and SF) were high on this guy, but your eyes tell you that he can't play? Do I have that right?
Just like they were all high on Malcolm Jenkins? ...exactly....
Somebody on this forum has broken down that game play by play and showed how he did well against Austin. This backed up the professional view from footballoutsiders on that same game. All I've seen against him by the haters is the box score. Whoop dee doo!

He's nothing like Jenkins. Jenkins has no safety instincts. Vaccaro does and has been playing the position the last 3 years at a high level.
People saw what they wanted to see; the OP of that breakdown showed how KV didn't do well, then people applied their poor analysis to it to disagree. Footballoutsiders, really??? LOL, do we really have to start showing how many times they've written blind reviews??? He's everything like Jenkins - poor tackler with no football instincts overhyped by the pundits all just repeating themselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom