WalterFootball on Saints draft (1 Viewer)

The thing with his site is, he has the Chiefs and Jags getting C's for taking Fisher and Joekel (sp) saying that you should never draft a right tackle that high. Both of those guys were drafted to play LT. So that threw me off, then he says Mingo is a C when Mingo was widely considered a top 10 pick.

I know what you're saying and let's be honest it's pretty much a glorified blog but it's still nice to hear positive things. You'd hope he's taking into account how he believes player fits for those teams and such. As far as Fisher and Joekel maybe he doesn't believe they can transition to LT that well, it's only his opinion after all.

Honestly when Floyd fell that's who I wanted, I know he's got the 3-4 knock because he doesn't fit supposedly but I don't buy that. He's 297 and I'm sure he'd have no trouble bulking up to fit the 3-4 and honestly to play the 5 tech I don't think he'd have needed to bulk up much at all, but ultimately the people who get paid to make the decision felt Vaccaro was a better pick so I can live with it unless Floyd ends up being a huge steal for the queens. I can't say anything bad about the other two picks. They both provide competition at need positions and Armstead in particular will be a steal if he can adapt to a new talent level and perhaps catch up mentally (though I suspect the mental aspect isn't as hard for lineman, blocking assignments are pretty easy to understand). Jenkins should be able to have and impact immediately within the NT rotation and maybe could be a starter.

Really like this draft!! Would still love to see us trade back into the 4th to grab WR Quinton Patton

Typical Saints draft - first round pick was a bad ( he's just not a good football player ) but the other two and good picks. One day, they'll scout the first round without Mel Kiper's guide and it'll be all good.

Great draft so far and just imagine these picks along with a second rounder like Jamie Collins!! Wow I hate Goodell

Typical Saints draft - first round pick was a bad ( he's just not a good football player ) but the other two and good picks. One day, they'll scout the first round without Mel Kiper's guide and it'll be all good.
I disagree. I think Vaccaro is a damn good football player. Get back in your hole, troll.

I know what you're saying and let's be honest it's pretty much a glorified blog but it's still nice to hear positive things. You'd hope he's taking into account how he believes player fits for those teams and such. As far as Fisher and Joekel maybe he doesn't believe they can transition to LT that well, it's only his opinion after all.

Honestly when Floyd fell that's who I wanted, I know he's got the 3-4 knock because he doesn't fit supposedly but I don't buy that. He's 297 and I'm sure he'd have no trouble bulking up to fit the 3-4 and honestly to play the 5 tech I don't think he'd have needed to bulk up much at all, but ultimately the people who get paid to make the decision felt Vaccaro was a better pick so I can live with it unless Floyd ends up being a huge steal for the queens. I can't say anything bad about the other two picks. They both provide competition at need positions and Armstead in particular will be a steal if he can adapt to a new talent level and perhaps catch up mentally (though I suspect the mental aspect isn't as hard for lineman, blocking assignments are pretty easy to understand). Jenkins should be able to have and impact immediately within the NT rotation and maybe could be a starter.

Floyd's arms are way too short to be effective at the 5 tech.

Out of interest, looked up WalterFootball's grades on our first 3 rounds the last 3 years:

2009 P. Robinson C (close to right I think)
Charles Brown A (oops)
Jimmy Graham B (surprised many, so give him credit for going B)
2010 Cam Jordan A
Mark Ingram D
Martez Wilson A
Johnny Patrick B
2011 Akiem Hicks C+

So he's not Creskin, but he doesn't seem overly prone to handing out A's all around without some thought.

Our best draft under Loomis/Payton yet. I have a feeling we're going to take WR Kenny Stills in the 5th if he's available
We've got a ways to go before we top the 2006 draft.

6 of the 8 players we drafted are still impact players in the NFL, 4 of them with us. Two of them have been to Pro Bowls, and one of them should have by now (Colston.)

Man this draft is great I'm about to shed a year

Sent via Tapatalk

I disagree in principle that Vaccaro is a bad pick/player.

Sean Payton wasn't playing when he said he was coming back like it's his first year! We (fans/organization) deserve this and much more this year for our unwarranted sufferings last year.

Well I wish you would've got in touch with our front office and let them know before they went and drafted this bum. Oh well, you probably couldn't reach them anyway. They would've probably been too busy watching his game film, working him out, interviewing him, talking to his teammates and coaches, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom