WalterFootball on Saints draft (1 Viewer)

scott88

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
15. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas: A- Grade
This is a very good pick by a smart team. The Saints had major issues at safety, and Kenny Vaccaro is one of the top players available. With Matt Ryan and Cam Newton in the division, New Orleans absolutely had to upgrade its secondary. Malcolm Jenkins and Roman Harper weren't cutting it.

75. Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff: A Grade
It was sad to see Steve Gleason announce this pick. I don't understand why there's no cure for ALS yet, but hopefully that'll change soon. At any rate, the Saints made an outstanding selection with Terron Armstead, who is raw but has first-round talent. There was some speculation that Armstead could sneak into the end of the first round, so New Orleans just made a terrific value pick.

82. John Jenkins, NT, Georgia: A+ Grade
The Saints are absolutely killing this draft. John Jenkins was considered by some to be a late first-round prospect, but he fell because there just wasn't a league-wide need for nose tackles. The Saints probably don't mind too much because they needed a big defensive lineman in the middle of their new 3-4.

WalterFootball.com: 2013 NFL Offseason Page - New Orleans Saints - Team Needs, Season Preview, Free Agents, Salary Cap

"The Saints are absolutely killing this draft." <---------- It don't get much better than that :worthy:

From A- to A to A+.

Where do we go from here?

bow down witches...

loomis-super-bowl-05efb76251d19e3a_large.jpg

Yea these 3rd round picks look like straight studs, especially armstead. Makes up for the lackluster 1st pick

The thing with his site is, he has the Chiefs and Jags getting C's for taking Fisher and Joekel (sp) saying that you should never draft a right tackle that high. Both of those guys were drafted to play LT. So that threw me off, then he says Mingo is a C when Mingo was widely considered a top 10 pick.

And to think we have folks on here questioning the ability of Loomis.....Loomis and Payton are the best things that EVER happened to the Saints. Real fans know that. The bandwagon ones don't understand where we came from.

Jenkins...WOW man..lol how did we get him in the 3rd!? hahah I love it!!! :worthy: He will be the glue and cornerstone of our new 3-4. God I love you Saints! :worthy:

The thing with his site is, he has the Chiefs and Jags getting C's for taking Fisher and Joekel (sp) saying that you should never draft a right tackle that high. Both of those guys were drafted to play LT. So that threw me off, then he says Mingo is a C when Mingo was widely considered a top 10 pick.

The Jags said Joeckel would play RT

I'm not sure I would call Vaccaro an A grade pick but he is definitely a B at the least. However those other picks are outstanding. Loomis and Payton did an outstanding job. Miraculous, when you consider they didn't have a 2nd pick to use.

I hope Ivory has a wonderful career in NY. He certainly was a good player for us and gave us some real value in this draft.

It's more so a grade on the team based on who's available. Walter loves Mingo, but I think he just doesn't see the fit so much at Cleveland.

Really, mock draft grades come down to what they think the team needed.

Not saying it's right, but they are usually fans of high value picks. Getting a high talent in a late round.

Now, all these A's don't mean anything if they don't produce.

Our best draft under Loomis/Payton yet. I have a feeling we're going to take WR Kenny Stills in the 5th if he's available

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom