Article Walterfootball predicts 9-7 season for Saints... CGJ most likely to bust. (1 Viewer)

Does anyone else have technical problems using the Walter Football website? That website can provide a lot of raw information and usually strong opinions, but it is the wrong place to go to for solid, much less insightful, analysis.

I usually look at any and ALL analysis for fantasy football during the season. I'll go deeeeep diving into obscure podcasts and websites. Walter football though, I avoid like the ebola. I mean, i'll listen to some high school kid in albequerque before I visit walter football for any kind of insight.

I started following Walter Football back in the 2008 draft. He gave us good grades for that draft. But he KNEW how good Carl Nicks was, and had him rated as a late 1st/2nd rd pick.

As far as I know, he was one of, if not the FIRST, who not only gave us an A+ for the Nicks selection in the 5th rd, but also predicted Nicks would be be one of the STEALS of the entire draft!

And he nailed it!!!

Fast forward to the present, and enter Chauncey Gardner-Johnson. Like Nicks, CGJ was another player Walter KNEW was good n had him highly rated (2nd/3rd). Like Nicks, he fell during the draft. Like Nicks, he gave the Saints an A+ for selecting Chauncey, “an exceptional defensive back” in the 4th rd!

It’s bad enough not to call him a STEAL, but to call him a BUST???

Shame on YOU, Walter!!!

:jpshakehead::jpshakehead::jpshakehead::jpshakehead::jpshakehead:

How can pick 105 be a bust at all? If he isn't a stud - that should be expected. Busts are first and second rounders that don't perform at their expected levels... from how I've always looked at it anyway.

That's pretty much what Walter Football said, so they agree with you. Here's what they said:

"Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida - Round 4

I don't like to select third-day players as a "most likely to bust" because the odds are that the vast majority of picks from Day 3 don't pan out in the NFL. Thus, it is not much of a prediction."

They sort of think he is best at slot, will get smoked outside, doesn't have the instincts for FS, or the size to play in the box.

I think Payton likes his aggressiveness, but knows he's a long shot. I hope he can play ST so he can have 3 years to bulk up and develop as a SS.

Over the past six seasons, WF is 50% on our bust predictions:
2018: Rick Leonard, OT - correct (this one was pretty obvious)
2017: Alex Anzalone, LB - wrong (jury may still be out, but he may have done enough already to disprove a bust status)
2016: Vonn Bell, S - wrong
2015: Stephone Anthony, LB - correct
2014: Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB - correct (though I think he's still in the league, this was a big reach)
2013: Terron Armstead, OT - Couldn't be more wrong.

CGJ may be getting a little too much hype, and to some will be a disappointment as he learns the game, but if the coaches put him in a position best-suited for his skill set, I think he'll thrive in the NFL.

Last edited:
So, which of our OL is gone w/injury?
It's also foolish for the media to stick w/the "surprise retirement of Unger". The only ones surprised were the fans & media. He had spoken to the team during the season & the off-season. He knew he had dropped in production/health & if he noticed, you can bet the coach did too!

From what I have read you usually bet Under on 10.5 or more. I saw somewhere someone had Tampa winning the Division. Bruce Arians is a very good coach but it all depends on Winston. If he plays just above average they could be tough.

9-7 is possible. 10-6 is the highest I would put us. You dont go from 13-3 to 12-4 or 11-5. Its usually a 3 game drop off.It will take some time for the OLine to adjust with a new C.
Guess they forgot that rule in 2009 when they went 13-3 to 11-5 the next year and back up to 13-3 the following year ??‍♂️

If you look back at 2018, Walter football predicted a whopping 6 playoff teams accurately... so about the same as a coin flip. Total garbage website.

From what I have read you usually bet Under on 10.5 or more. I saw somewhere someone had Tampa winning the Division. Bruce Arians is a very good coach but it all depends on Winston. If he plays just above average they could be tough.

9-7 is possible. 10-6 is the highest I would put us. You dont go from 13-3 to 12-4 or 11-5. Its usually a 3 game drop off.It will take some time for the OLine to adjust with a new C.

In a rare moment of agreeing with Bobby Hebert, who posited this on the radio last week, the Saints will be AT LEAST 10-6, barring some horrific rash of injuries to starters. Note to our wealthier members who would have the scratch to bet: Go ahead and bet the over, if Vegas has us at 10.5. This team is as stacked with both talent AND character as any point in my life!

One thing I wouldn't bet on is Jameis Winston becoming consistent enough to not be a coach-killer in Tampa ;)

The main guy behind WalterFootball is no different than many writers who spend a lot of time deep-diving into draft classes, fantasy leagues, etc. The guy makes so many predictions and observations of course he's gonna hit on a lot of them.

Main issue I have is that is his website is literal cancer if you don't have 2-3 ad-blockers and script-blockers enabled. And god forbid you ever checked that website on your phone, because it's gone now. Seriously, your phone will self-destruct. Couple that with terrible formatting in the first place, I'm well past done with that website.

Care to make a wager?

A quick Google search turned this up.

There are six posted at the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook for 2019:
  • New England Patriots (11): Their ninth consecutive season with a double-digit win total.
  • Kansas City Chiefs (10.5): Their first double-digit win total since 2004.
  • Los Angeles Rams (10.5): With their win total of 10 in 2018, this will be the first time the Rams will have double-digit win totals in consecutive seasons since 2000-02.
  • New Orleans Saints (10.5): Their fourth double-digit win total with Drew Brees. They’ve won just one playoff game the previous three of such seasons.
  • Indianapolis Colts (10): The Colts first double-digit win total since 2015 when their win total was set at 10.5 in Andrew Luck’s 4th year. Colts ended up winning 8 games and missing the playoffs for the first time in four seasons.
  • Philadelphia Eagles (10): The Eagles have a double-digit win total in consecutive years for the first time since 2011-12. In both 2011 and 2012, the Eagles missed the playoffs, going 12-20 straight up.
But for any bettor considering taking the over on any of these four win totals, there’s a cautionary tale about the history of doing so.

Only 43 of the 104 teams with double-digit win totals over the past 20 years have exceeded their number. The most alarming aspect of that 40.2% is the fact that those 104 teams have gone under their win total by almost three-quarters of a full win (-0.74).
The advantage comes with teams valued at the 10 and 10.5 mark. The 100 teams with such win totals over the past 30 years are 37-63-7 (37%) to the under, going under the win total by almost full win (-0.93).

You still want to make a wager? I'll be more than happy to take at least a 60% chance of winning. Name the wager. Avatar change ? Lol.

A quick Google search turned this up.

You still want to make a wager? I'll be more than happy to take at least a 65% chance of winning. Name the wager. Avatar change ? Lol.

$100 to SR for the loser. I say we will win more than 10.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom