WalterFootball updated 4 round mock draft... (1 Viewer)

I don't think there is any way that both Keith Rivers and Sedrick Ellis are still available to us and we don't take one of them in the first.

Any mock draft that has Craig Steltz being picked before Early Doucet loses all credibility.

I don't think there is any way that both Keith Rivers and Sedrick Ellis are still available to us and we don't take one of them in the first.

I see what you mean, but the Saints have already shown that they like Ellis and Rivers... could that be a smokescreen?

Regardless, I'd still be thrilled if we drafted Ellis or Rivers instead of Phillips, and the rest of the first 4 rounds went like that.

i dont like the Phillips pick over Ellis or Rivers, but getting Lofton in the 2nd round would be a steal...if we could get Lofton in the 2nd, i would rather take Ellis over Phillips

It's a great draft for the Saints, but Lofton probably wont make it out of the 1st round.

If Ellis is at #10, I think the Saints will def take him. He's a non-stop motor guy and a good guy with good pass-rushing skills, it's hard to find a DT like that these days.

Remember Payton saying that he wants to get younger on the D side. Their's only 3 spots that have vets in their 30's on D and that's CB and DT. MLB is the other one since well Simoneau is a UFA/backup/and 30 behind him is a 32 years old Simmons. But still they sorely lack starters at WLB and def FS.

Also, I saw Rivers bulked up to 236, so he could possibly move over to MLB in the pros.

Could Lofton rise to us in the first a la P Willis last year?
We know how that turned out, and could sure use someone like him in the middle.
Phillips/Ellis/Rivers in the first is pretty much my choice, just take who's there. One should be. If Lofton was around at our second that is the steal of the draft. Are we risking a lot by leaving CB to (hopefully Dominique Rodgers Cromartie) the third?

Why are we drafting later in the third round? Is this a switch from a previous trade?

Could Lofton rise to us in the first a la P Willis last year?
We know how that turned out, and could sure use someone like him in the middle.
Phillips/Ellis/Rivers in the first is pretty much my choice, just take who's there. One should be. If Lofton was around at our second that is the steal of the draft. Are we risking a lot by leaving CB to (hopefully Dominique Rodgers Cromartie) the third?

i dont think there is any chance lofton is there at our pick in the second round

i think that jerod mayo may be there however.

in reality, id like to take ellis at 10 or if he isnt there attempt to trade back down and pick up lofton and grab an extra second rounder. in all honesty, i wouldnt be opposed to taking lofton at 10. imo he is that good

did malcolm jenkins declare that he would stay at ohio state? i've been offshore a few days so i may have missed it. i was just wondering why he wasnt on the board.

I would be happy with this draft but something in my gut tells me that the Saints draft an offensive player somewhere in the 1st 4 rounds, plus I'd rather Chevis Jackson over the San Jose St kid in the 4th

I wouldn't count on any mock drafts now... We should all wait untill AFTER the combines and pro day.

Check out his Mocks from oer the years. If we would listen to this guy we would have Chris Gamble Troy Pol Boss Baily Chris Brown Micheal Boulware. Other then Ellis Hobbs and reggie his 06 and 07 were not that good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom