Walterfootball's.com4 Round Project for our mock draft (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I think it's excellent
rd 1) Mike Jenkins CB south florida
rd 2) Pat sims Dt Auburn
rd 3Thomas Decoud Fs Cal
rd 4) Justin King CB Penn state

Seems interesting... Tell me what yall think heres the link
www.walterfootball.com

I like the first two picks, even though I echo CargoJon's want for a linebacker.
Jenkins is an excellent prospect, though I admit if given the choice I would pick Rivers instead. Since Ellis, Dorsey, and Rivers are gone in his scenario, Jenkins is the best option left IMHO.
Sims would be a nice pick if (when) we aren't able to get Ellis in the first round. However, I'd love to get Lofton, Adibi, or Highsmith in the second (all available in his scenario), and hope that either Sims, Dre Moore, or Red Bryant lasts to the third pick. Just my $.02

it was cool, but I still think we should get one at LB, CB and DT in the first 3 rounds...and they need to be drafted with the thought of that these guys are gonna either start or be first off the bench.

Throw in MLB Leman in the third, OLB Butler in the fourth, and S Adams in the fifth and I would be happier. Although, I've certainly seen worse.

Man I hope we don't draft Mike Jenkins at # 10... If we're gonna go CB, go with Talib or McKelvin. Jenkins is a poor tackler, and has some charactor issues.

First two guys are not bad, but i'd rather McKelvin over Jenkins (McKelvin is more versatile - can start for us right away as a punt returner) i have a feeling if we can get Dre Moore from maryland later (instead of Pat Sims in the second) our pass rush will improve quite a bit (think Laroi Glover). Justin King has all the measurables but he has been a disappointment for quite some time - should've stayed in school for one more year...as far as Decoud, i was high on him originally until reading this article:

http://nfldraftguys.com/features/08_overrated_prospects_2.php

here's how i'm thinking it will pan out (all depending on what new england does with their first pick) in the first three rounds:

1. Leodis McKelvin
2. Erin Henderson
3. hopin for Dre Moore here (if not, maybe DeMario Pressley)

If we go CB in the first, I'd like to see us take Mayo or Lofton (if still there) in the 2nd, Okam in the 3rd, then I wouldn't mind King in the 4th......

if this is the way the draft falls I would like to see the saints draft like this.

1-Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas (playmaker we need INTS)
2-Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU (a playmaker at OLB would be nice after we sign or trade for our new MLB in free agency)
3-Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware (simply value pick here saints have him as a 1st round talent and get him in the 3rd. steal they can't pass up)
4-Kevin Smith, RB, Central Florida (once again Value pick) (I wouldn't mind seeing them go Josh Barrett, SS, Arizona State at this pick either I love the way the kid plays ball!

I think Barrett could play OLB in the NFL... and be a very solid WLB and coverage LB.

I'd hope for a MLB instead of Highsmith, and then Barrett later.
yea I kinda agree with you I just don't like any of the MLB in the draft, Maybe when I do more research on some of them I will like them more but right now im not sold on any of them outside of Rivers and I think he will make a better OLB then MLB.

It is my understanding that Talib is a CB/S tweener that would be more suited for a Cover 2 system and that McKelvin excels in man coverage. Is this an accurate assessment?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom