Walterfootball's.com4 Round Project for our mock draft (1 Viewer)

It is my understanding that Talib is a CB/S tweener that would be more suited for a Cover 2 system and that McKelvin excels in man coverage. Is this an accurate assessment?

yes and no McKelvin is the best Man to man coverage guy in the draft and a GREAT playmaker at KR and PR thats why in this draft they have him going 7 to the pats(funnt part he has HORRIBLE hands at intercepting passes). we should know by the end of the combine if Talib can drop his hips and turn quick enough to play Man to man or if hes a cover two CB. I also like DRC from Tenn St. he is another guy thats more like McKelvin as far as man to man coverage.

This would be a real solid draft.

1. Mike Jenkins
2. Curtis Lofton
3. Frank Okam
4. Chevis Jackson

First two guys are not bad, but i'd rather McKelvin over Jenkins (McKelvin is more versatile - can start for us right away as a punt returner) i have a feeling if we can get Dre Moore from maryland later (instead of Pat Sims in the second) our pass rush will improve quite a bit (think Laroi Glover). Justin King has all the measurables but he has been a disappointment for quite some time - should've stayed in school for one more year...as far as Decoud, i was high on him originally until reading this article:

http://nfldraftguys.com/features/08_overrated_prospects_2.php

here's how i'm thinking it will pan out (all depending on what new england does with their first pick) in the first three rounds:

1. Leodis McKelvin
2. Erin Henderson
3. hopin for Dre Moore here (if not, maybe DeMario Pressley)

finally someone else that thinks we should take erin henderson, he's an animal, and playmaker at Linebacker

Leodis McKelvin and throw a dart at any defensive position except safety and DE. We aren't stellar at those but we really suck at all the others. Best defensive player available in every round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom