WalterFootball's updated 4 rounder...Brilliant!!!

Thread starter #1

Bak2ThaLab

draftaddict
Ratings
I don't really believe that Payton will draft the first 4 rounds on defense, BUT if it turns out this way it will be one of the best defensive drafts we've had in a long time...

1st Round: Leodis McKelvin CB Troy
2nd Round: Curtis Lofton MLB Oklahoma
3rd Round: Thomas DeCoud S California
4th Round: Trae Williams CB South Florida

check it out at: http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
There are a couple WRs/TEs that I'd like in the 3rd/4th, but if we can get a couple during FA then I could see them going with defense, because I think they may realize that New orleans isn't the most attractive place for FAs... so they may need to build the defense thru the draft.

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Ratings
Nice draft. The board would explode with joy if it actually happened. BUT.....I seriously doubt that Payton can resist the urge spend at least half the first day's picks on new O "toys". History's with me on this one.....since Payton's been Saints head coach the team's had 15 draft picks and they've spent a grand total of 6 on defensive players and of those only 2 were higher than a fourth rounder (Harper, Young)..........

Not to thread jack, but the author of that website posted a pretty organized version of the 2008 free agent listings:

http://walterfootball.com/free2008QB.php
Walters Football is one of the best site for draft geeks out there.

I honestly think that Lofton will be ranked as the top LB in the draft when the entire process is done. The guy simply makes plays all over the field.

good mock, i think the best option, however would be to go DT, or possibly LB again in the third but definately one of the two and not safety in the 3rd

yeh it seems that lofton will probably move up a ton over the next few months and move into a spot where the saints would not be able to snag him at 42, but as of now pre combine and everything i really hope saints get lofton

St.RobE

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Ratings
I don't really believe that Payton will draft the first 4 rounds on defense, BUT if it turns out this way it will be one of the best defensive drafts we've had in a long time...

1st Round: Leodis McKelvin CB Troy
2nd Round: Curtis Lofton MLB Oklahoma
3rd Round: Thomas DeCoud S California
4th Round: Trae Williams CB South Florida

check it out at: http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php
:worthy:

Awesome draft :9:

add Javon Walker, Alge Crumpler, and Calvin Williams from FA :ezbill:

St.RobE

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Ratings
good mock, i think the best option, however would be to go DT, or possibly LB again in the third but definately one of the two and not safety in the 3rd

yeh it seems that lofton will probably move up a ton over the next few months and move into a spot where the saints would not be able to snag him at 42, but as of now pre combine and everything i really hope saints get lofton
we have the 40th pick, and i think its very likely he'll still be there.

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Ratings
41st, actually, Robe, and I doubt he'll be there. I don't care what sites have him predicted at now, I gaurentee you he'll be a top 30 pick by the time draft day gets here.